4~ Just What I Always Wanted

I woke up this morning to a knock at my door, and thinking it was Pete, I at least tied my hair up and put on a better shirt (I was more comfortable with him now). But when I opened the door, it was only the mailman with the newest issue of Mega Rock. He smiled as he handed me the magazine, and I smiled back, thanking him. Honestly I wanted Pete to be at my door, not the mailman. But now I had a nice magazine to read as I began waking up. Steven Tyler was on the cover, looking as coked up as ever as he wore a bunch of random colors. He was probably trying to hide the fact that he was slightly insane. I began flipping through the magazine to see if there was anything interesting inside, and I was treated to more rock star interviews and such. There was an interview in there about Jon Bon Jovi and how he liked to spend his Christmases, and next to the words printed in the magazine, he was sitting on a wooden chair in front of a beautifully lit up Christmas tree. To get more into the spirit, he tried to tame his hair by wearing a Santa hat, but it only made him look funnier as little strands of hair flew everywhere under the hat. "Usually my family just gets together and we have a nice Christmas dinner. My mom is pretty cool; she lets the guys come over on Christmas as well. She usually has gifts for them actually." I read aloud, flipping to the next page. Since it was now the middle of December, the 16th to be exact, this entire magazine was chock - full of Christmas junk.

After the Bon Jovi article, the next page was an advertisement for Bob Ross brand paints. I wasn't a good artist, so I flipped to the next page which made me suddenly cringe extremely hard. They sure loved featuring Ozzy in Mega Rock, because in this issue there was a full two - page article about him and his family and what they did during the holidays. The article was fine, it was just the first picture I laid eyes on that made me cringe. It was a picture perfectly cropped into a gothic looking frame of him and the same curly haired girl from the other issue. They were sharing a passionate kiss under some mistletoe, and upon reading the caption under the picture, I found out that she was indeed his wife and her name was Marie. Yes, to most people they may not have had a problem with it, but I only cringed because I really didn't think Ozzy was attractive at all. But at least he was happily married, right? The image underneath that was of Ozzy, his wife, their two children, and their small dog, a pomeranian, which Marie was holding. Ozzy had his young daughter, probably three, sitting atop his shoulders, playing with the ball on his Santa hat and not paying attention to the camera at all. Their son was standing in the middle of Ozzy and Marie, wearing an ugly sweater with a rocket ship on it. The ship was adorned with Christmas lights. As I began to read the article, I-
(Wait why am I reading this I don't even like Ozzy and he makes me cringe)
I quickly flipped to the next page and only sighed upon seeing more and more rock star Christmas interviews. "There's nothing of importance in this magazine. I guess I'll take a look towards the end though. Maybe there's like, some holiday recipes or something. Never know," As I spoke to myself, I continued flipping through the rest of the pages, sighing with every cringe worthy page I came across. The last few pages usually had recipes because it did last year for Christmas as well.

I only found pages full of cookies and cakes, and as I was about to sigh and put the magazine away, I flipped to the almost last page and my heart began pounding. It was a picture of Pete and his band, decorating a Christmas tree with Pete giving a wink towards the camera. Pete's guitarist was smiling at the camera, and the other two men in the photo were on the other side of the tree, just hanging ornaments. I smiled brightly as I started reading the article aloud like I had done with the Bon Jovi one. "So, Pete, what are you planning on doing this year for Christmas? Well, I was going to spend the year with my parents and band members again, but there's this..." I began to read more slowly as I didn't believe what I was reading. "This girl who I met about a month ago, she's really nice. We've been seeing each other for about that same amount of time and she said she was good at baking so I might be with her on Christmas. -Laughs.-" I read the interviewer's next words. "How nice. Would you call her your girlfriend? Yes. I would. Well I hope she thinks of me as her boyfriend because I really like her. She's a great girl." I felt myself blushing as dark as all possible hell as I ripped the page out of the magazine, ran into my room, and stapled it to my wall right above my desk where I attempted to do art with not much success. After doing so, I made it back into the living room and took the magazine, placing it into the bathroom basket with the others. I had about thirteen Mega Rock magazines, all unique in their own ways. None featured Pete until now, and almost every issue (wait, make that every issue because that one in April had the story about how Ozzy was venting about his mishap with the bat back in '82) included Ozzy.

Now, it was about nine o'clock, and I called up Pete to invite him over. I didn't tell him what I had in mind, but I was going to make him happy whether he wanted it or not.