The Morning After

*UNEDITED*

"Good morning Aunt May!" Peter chirped out, momentary popping his head out of the kitchen before he disappeared from view.

"Peter?" Aunt May questioned, staggering from her late shift, she wobbled over to the stove where Peter stood.

"oh Aunt May don't worry about breakfast, I've got it covered." He puffed out his chest proudly. The brunet swiftly closed the lid containing Aunt May's food and placed the container in the fridge. Usually Aunt May would come back from work in the wee mornings only to make Peter breakfast with her own food saved for later after she slept a bit. It worried Peter beyond belief, even if he had Spider-Man duties and homework to take care of. No, Aunt May would tell him time and time again to worry about his studies and she would take care of paying the bills.

"Now, now young lady off to bed you go!" Peter scolded when Aunt May attempted to wash the dishes.

"If you think this makes up for the phone call I received from the school then you're badly mistaken. I know I said we would discuss it in the morning so we are having that conversation right now."

"But Aunt May- you see I had a good reason." Peter whined pathetically

"Really?" Not one to be fooled easily, Aunt May rested her hands on her hips and waited for an explanation.

"Yes, well you see I would love to explain now but I need to deliver something right now or I'll be late to class." A single brow was raised as Aunt May stood staring at Peter for several heavy seconds until she sighed and dismissed Peter.

"Peter" She called out one last time when Peter had his hand on the knob, ready to leave.

"I know you don't make hasty decisions without looking at the consequences. I hope you won't betray my trust when I say I'll wait for your explanation." With a stiff nod and a final goodbye, Peter rushed outside.

The brown lunch bag warmed is hand against the chilly morning.

-------------

A few minutes later Peter neared the familiar alley. Peter strode into it, turning his way this way and that way behind trashcans. He considered yelling out Wade's name but decided against it. As much as he wanted to find the man, that didn't mean he wanted to get into any trouble especially right before school started. It was bad enough the school called Aunt May, of course they did it was protocol, and that he caused another burden.

Disappointed, Peter walked to the end of the alley where his school laid just beyond. Instead a body bumped into his, the bright light obscuring his view but for a moment when it happened.

"Baby boy!" Wade cooed.

"Wade!"

"See I told you- no I was right when.." The older man gently grabbed Peter's arm and tugged weakly back into the alley and away from prying eyes. Peter obliged only because Wade hadn't really forced him into the alley , in fact if he wanted he could simply pull away.  It was used more in a way of asking Peter to follow him meanwhile he mumbled away.

Peter liked that for some reason.

"I brought you something." After the man was done whispering to himself Peter said. He lifted his right hand then opening up the bag to show the other man. Inside two burritos wrapped in tin foil laid.

"It's not much since I made it in a rush. I hope you like egg and potato burritos." Finishing with a smile, Peter looked up to try to see Wade's expression among the slight darkness and below his hood.

"I- I mean I know we didn't agree to meet up today or anything but I thought since yesterday hadn't ate breakfast I assumed you wouldn't have today either. If you don't want it then I'll..." Peter could feel his face heat up with embarrassment.

Peter wasn't quite sure but somehow he thought he could see a blush form on Wade, though in the bad lightening he wasn't positive.

"Well- you see..." From behind he back, Wade pulled out a brown paper bag of his own. With the silence that followed after, Wade darted his eyes everywhere so long as it wasn't at Peter.

"I made you food too"

"...oh" Peter replied lamely.

Peter could only hold out for a few seconds till he burst out laughing. It was to the point he had to squat to hold his sides until he could stop.

"oh god, I can't believe I actually thought you were mad at me for bringing you food. Turns out I was the one that made it awkward!" Peter looked up apologetically

Wade finally cracked a smile, pulling his hoodie down to rub at his face. He too squatted down to Peter's level.

That move confirmed Peter's thought. A pale red dusted Wades cheek, fading in the spots with excessive scars but it was there nonetheless

"Well...you could make up making feel like a tween by eating the food I put oh so much effort into making. Here, have a pancake."

Honestly when making the burritos, Peter was hoping the man would spare him a bite but to think Wade would go as far as making him food was beyond- dare he say cute?

"No take backs" Peter finally said. Wade simply smiled.

____________

"Bye Wade!" Peter was waving energetically even as he walked away backwards to where his school lay.

"Bye Peter" He responded with a wave of his own which earned him a smile that could light up the world.

~~Ewww. "love"~~

-Shut up you, I think its good for him-

Only when Peter was out of sight did Wade let the smile he wearing fall away, Though when he looked back at his hands and saw the remaining burrito, he felt another form.

~~Omg make it stop, he's acting all lovey-dovey. Just because Peter split the pancakes you made with you means nothing. He just isn't used to eating a huge breakfast and didn't want to waste the food.~~

-Let him have his moment-

"No..." he looked down at the paper bag again and tucked it under his arm for safe keeping. As he made his way, he continued to look back at the bag for encouragement. He entered a run down building a little ways down. Eventually he reached the apartment where he unlocked the door and closed it behind him.

With sickly sweet care he placed the burrito in the fridge for later.

Wade then made his way to the bedroom and straight to his closet. There he pulled out his suit, placing the mask on him

"No, Peter- he's different."

He took in a deep shaky breath, his hand unconsciously pulling a gun out its holster from his suit and running his thumb against it.

"I- I think we can believe in him."

The boxes didn't reply.

_____________

A/N:

Here it is! I haven't been on Wattpad for months but fear not for I have gotten the modivation to write.

Anyways please enjoy and be sure to comment❤