Chapter 3

Song: Sad Song by We The Kings
___________________________
Hinata's P.O.V.

This night, couldn't have become anymore difficult to comprehend..

My best friend, and my love, Kageyama Tobio, has brain cancer, an abusing father and loves me in return... this is crazy. Of course, I wasn't ever going to let Kageyama go back to his father, nope. Not gonna happen. His left eye was swollen and bruises scattered his face with hand marks on his body. That's just cruel to do that to your own son..

I had to think for a moment. This was a hard problem to solve. I wiped my somewhat wet eyes, sniffling as I stood up and held my hand to the taller male to help him to his feet. I don't think my mom nor dad would really mind Kageyama's company, neither would Natsu, they love guests! "So, Kageyama? You can stay at my house and stay in my room, because you can't go back to your house, it's not safe" I spoke truthfully, feeling Tobio's grip on my hand as I hauled him to his feet. The raven haired male brushed off the leaves and dirt from himself, his eyes still teared up as he shrugged. "I-I-- alright" he mumbled, swaying  back and forth. He didn't look okay at all, but we can push through this! It's like another obstacle, exactly like Nekoma! Well, uh, besides that Cancer can kill him and Nekoma is pretty nice.. oh well you get the point!

"Alright, great!" I shouted trough a whisper, still seeing him cringe as I took his arm to guide him. I could tell he was doing better, now that we were still in darkness from being outside. The two of us walked out from the woods. I smiled to try and lift up the mood setting.

"So.. When's your next doctor's appointment?"I asked, stirring up conversations was the worst thing I can do.

"Oh. Uh, tomorrow afternoon.." he yawned, scratching the back of his head while slightly leaning on me, needing support that I gladly let him have.

"Okay, I'll ditch school and take you there, what are you going to do there?" I asked with another prying question to get more details. I needed to know this stuff, most definitely.

He slowly went to his phone, the brightness setting as low as it can go as he sighed. "Chemo? And x-rays?.." he mumbled, trying to read seemed like a challenge for him. I don't think it was because he's not the smartest, it's most likely his cancer in his brain.

"Oh, I heard that's painful..." I kinda said the wrong thing at the time because Kageyama's face looked still and somewhat horrified as he swallowed hardly. "M-mhm..." he mumbled. Dammit Shouyo! I messed it up again! Aghghhhh!

"S-sorry! I mean, I'll be with you the whole way through, I won't leave your side I promise!" I babbled, accidentally being to loud that Kageyama stumbled a bit, holding one of his ears. Oh common, I can't get any of this right!

"Yeah... thanks.." he muttered in a depressing way that made my heart sink. I miss the Tobio that would sulk when he did a perfect set and he thought it was messed up, though it was amazing! I miss the Tobio who was healthy and strong and could fight fiercely during matches. I just....I miss him..

"We're almost home!" I yelped, taking his arm while dragging him lightly to my house. The lights shined through the windows, causing him to stop in his tracks and shield his eyes. Oops, forgot that part. "Uh, Stay right here! I'll go turn the lights down and tell them to lower their voices!" I squealed, rushing inside to see complete mayhem. Natsu was playing around with dads hair, music was blasting, mom was cleaning the dishes and the lights blaring. Oh my god...

"I'm home!" I screamed through the house, my father and sister smiling, both waving to me with enthusiasm. "Welcome back kiddo~" my dad chirped, holding my sister as Natsu giggled. "Yeah! Sho-Sho's back!" She yelled as I nodded, sighing. "Yeah, I uh. Need to ask you all a favor!" I shouted again, causing my mom to shut off the music and television. "Yes Shouyo?" My mom purred as I grinned, twiddling my fingers. "You know Kageyama right?"