3

Dark; suggestive of or arising from evil characteristics or forces; sinister.

It was dark and I cold barley see what was in front of me but I ran, pushing my legs to their limits, my lungs and calves burning and my knees in extreme pain. My hair flew behind me in a blonde mess as a dodged trees.
I slowed to a jog when I no longer heard yelling, or anything for that matter.
I pressed my back on a tree, gasping for air "1,2,3,4,5... wait 1,2,3." I tried counting my fingers but my head was spinning from the lack of oxygen.
I slid down the tree and place my hands over my head while I try to steady my breathing. I coughed because of the burning in my lungs, trying to stay as quiet as possible.
My head lolls to the side as my eyes become heavy.
I start drifting to sleep, unable to stay awake and before I lose consciousness I see those eyes.
I wake up in the dark, that must've been a horrible dream, yes that's it and I've just woken up in the middle of the night.
I go to brush my hair out of my face when my hand is stopped with the sound of chains accompanying it.
Never mind... what is this place, what the heck happened last night, I wondered.
As my eyes got use to the darkness I could see outlines of things, like the chains around my wrists.
I look to the side and see a pair of glowing amber eyes, that's not possible, and I can't see my fingers.
"Why aren't you pretty." The man says, disgust washed through me.
"Yes, I suppose I am, now that we've settled that kindly leave me alone." I snapped. "I'll be happy when the Alpha deals with you." He growls
What the hell? Alpha... is this guy insane?
I just sigh and lean my head against the  cold wall closing my tired eyes. This is probably some weird cult. I think.

I wake up to the sounds of clinking chains, the prisoners around me moving around.
A blinding light enters the area and I put my forearm up to shield my eyes while they dilate.
A tall man walked in, shadow covering half of him. I close my eyes again, am I seriously playing dead?
I hear a his footsteps stop in front of my cell and opens the door, the door sending a metallic creek through the place.
I hold my breath, I suddenly feel freezing water cover me and my eyes shoot open as I gasp for air, I see the man throw the cup to the side "get up." He growls.
"Well maybe if you undid these chains..."
The man grabbed my hair and pulled me up as I yelped in pain.
He detached the chain from the wall and pulls me along, my bare feet padding across the cold floor.
"Where are you taking me?" I ask.
"Alpha wants to see you." Is all he says shortly.
"I don't know who that is." I squeak.
He just rolls his eyes and pulls me along, this should be fun.
------
Hope you enjoyed, be sure to comment, vote and share!