5

Nefelibata- n. One who lives in the clouds of their own dreams.

"So, did you think you've figured it out?" The man coos sinisterly with an evil grin.
I gulp trying to get rid of whatever was blocking me from speaking though in reality the lump in my throat was my brain telling me that silence means survival.
In a instant the man had his calloused hand tangled in my hair and yanks my head up, I let out a sharp squeak of pain, my scalp now burning.
"I asked you a question little girl, I suggest you answer it." He growls in my ear, the sound sent shivers down my spine.
I wanted to speak but the silent  hiccups that took place in my throat wouldn't allow much understandable sound to escape. I take deep breaths trying to calm down, I would have to control my body and calm down if I wanted to speak clearly. After a few seconds of silence I opened my mouth, my pale pink lips just parted for a second or two before I actually spoke.
"What you sir are talking about only exist in fairytales." I say slowly making sure my words were clear and concise.
A deep, vicious chuckle rumbles from his chest, it shook me to my bones, making my hands that were bound behind me tremble slightly.
"But your whole world is a fairytale isn't it, so what's so unfathomable about the fact of werewolves existing."

There, he said it. The word I had been dreading, the word I was refusing to believe. He had no proof, of course. He's probably just some deranged lycanthropy patient that is really sick.
He has no proof.

"They don't exist." I say a little more confidently then I should've been.
"Just because you haven't seen something doesn't mean it doesn't exist." He purrs, the rumble anything but friendly.

"Then prove it." I snap, I was fed up with him dancing around what I said.
He jerks my head back again,
"I wouldn't get cocky, especially not now little girl." He sneers "if I were to prove myself to you, you wouldn't live to see the light of day." He says.
"Well then at least give me your name. You know mine and I haven't the slightest clue to what yours would be."

The man steps back again, shrouded by shadow, only his silhouette visible to me.
"My name is of no concern to you." He says his voice icy cold
"And I wouldn't try any further in getting it, it won't end well."
I release a breath I didn't realize I was was holding, I could see my warm breath in front of me as I realized just how cold it was down there, and I was wearing shorts and a tee shirt. Goose bumps fell over my skin though I wasn't sure if it was from the cold or the eerie encounter that is taking place.
I hear a low malevolent chuckle from the man.
"Sleep well Ms. Winter." He says those words with such bitter hatred and I have no idea as to why.
A few quick foot steps where the only things that could be heard after those chilling words and it was obvious he was gone.
I look down at the candle that had been lit and as quick as my glance it burned out. I was surrounded in cold, bitter, unforgiving darkness.

I did not sleep, I couldn't. No way in hell was I going to fall asleep in such a vulnerable situation. My head was lolled to the side against my shoulder, I was exhausted and was in fact half asleep, my body couldn't go much longer being awake. I fought to keep my eyes open but I had no idea if anyone would actually come back or not, if not what would hurt for me to fall asleep, to rest, to clear my mind.
My thoughts over took me as I ran through the past events in my head.
Was it so crazy to think that werewolves actually exist, and that they were the ones who burned my little village to the ground and kidnapped me, it would sure be nice to have someone to blame for it and right now this is what I'm going with.
I soon drifted out of consciousness as I thought about everything but staying awake.

I woke up god knows how much later, I blinked as I opened by eyes but I wasn't met by darkness this time, I was staring up, at a light gray ceiling. My head lolls to the side to further intake my surroundings, two chairs sat beside a window with drawn black curtains, a dark oak nightstand to my side. I look back up and pull myself into a sitting position. A mirror hung on the wall over a dresser. I slowly swing my legs over the side of the bed and step down, my feet met soft carpeting as I slowly walked to the mirror.
I looked hideous.
My curly blonde hair was matted and I had dark circles under my eyes. My face was pale and cold looking, dried blood was scattered on my face, probably from twigs that scraped my skin as I ran through the woods before passing out.
I look down and realize there was a  hair brush sitting on the dresser, an old, silver, antique hair brush.
I pick it up and twirl it around, there was fine detailing on the back. I look at the bristles again and as I looked closer I realized something. There was a lock of dirty blonde and light brown hair, I take it out of the brush and stare at it, my mouth hung open. This was a lock of Jasper's hair, my brothers hair.