4

Lunatic;Middle English: from Old French lunatique, from late Latin lunaticus, from Latin luna 'moon' (from the belief that changes of the moon caused intermittent insanity).

These people are lunatics, absolute lunatics! This is a gang or mob or something, I don't recall my parents taking a lone out or acting sketchy or anything.
The man leads me across the damp morning grass, it had recently rained, I could tell by how wet the ground was and the puddles scattered here and there.
My feet press down on the wet surface leaving prints. Wait... "Am I bring sold into slavery?" A ask genuinely
"I thought I told you to shut up!" The man barks.
We approach a beautiful Victorian style mansion though it did look extremely intimidating and dark along with the sky.

I try to look around for something to read but there was nothing, then I remember to just look down at my feet, if I'm in the ground this is real. I look down.

I'm walking, so this is real. My eyes water as I realize I'm in real danger and I bite my lip to keep a sob from escaping my mouth.

There was a cellar at the side of the house that he took me to. He opened the creaky splintered doors and pushed me through them. I yelp in surprise and slight hurt as I rolled my ankle during my landing.

The hallway that led down was cold and concrete, water dripping from the ceiling as it landed on my matted and dirty blonde hair. I could only imagine how filthy I looked. The man puts a large hand on my back to make sure I kept moving in which I obliged.
The room that it led to was dimly lit by only a single candle which only lit up a 2 and a half foot circumference.

A chair was in the light provided by the candle
"Sit." The man said gruffly and I obeyed.
He strides toward the staircase I had gone down seconds ago "wait where are you going?" I said panicked but the man ignored me, walking up the dreaded stairs, his figure soon disappearing.

-

I sat in that room for what felt like hours. I could feel the moist air in my lungs, not the nice air like after a good rain but a sick, damp, burning air.
My hands were bound behind the chair, my blonde curly hair falling in my face as I had been looking around frantically.
It was almost dead silence, the only sounds I could here was my own breathing, a door opening, and water dripping from the ceiling. Wait, a door opening. My head snaps toward the staircase, my neck staring as it was behind me, footsteps, heavy, menacing, dangerous footsteps.
A dark figure starts to form with the little light provided by the candle, the red candle that was now almost burned all the way down, red wax dripping down it like blood, and the light that seeped through the edges of the door that was invisible to me.
I tried to keep my eyes in the figures direction but my body forces my head straight from the pain of straining my neck. Footsteps. I hear them approach me, the dreaded sound getting louder in my ears before I hear nothing but the pounding of my own heart and my ragged breathing.
A calloused, cold finger runs across the span of my shoulders and I scream. The shrill pleading sound coming from my mouth is quickly muffled by a large hand firmly pressing over my mouth.
"Shut up." A raspy, deep voice snaps quietly in my ear. I squeeze my eyes shut and a tear falls from my eye, the hand leaves my mouth and it sounds as if he moves away from me, in front of me. He stays hidden as the candle light didn't allow me to see his face, only bone structure as the shading is darker and lighter in places, he looked like a skeleton from this lighting. "You know why you're here don't you, Winter?" The voice asks menacingly.
"Why I was kidnapped, no I actual don't know." I scoffed though I was terrified, my voice quivering to prove this.
"They didn't tell you." He chuckles darkly, the sound like a lions growl before it killed its prey.
I had nothing to say, I had no idea what to say, so I waited for him to speak.
"I thought you would've figured it out," he coos harshly. "You live in a town surrounded by wilderness, told not to go into the woods. You saw wolves, before you passed out. You live in dreams don't you Winter? You should be able to use your imagination." He says his voice cool.

Wolves, trees, wolves, trees, darkness, wolves trees, darkness, secrets, wolves, trees, darkness, secrets, dreams, wolves, trees, darkness, secrets, dreams, eyes. Eyes.

The eyes I saw in the woods, I could see them now, amber with green around the pupil. I looked up, now able to just barley make out his eyes in the candle light. They were his.