TIW 23

Chapter 23:  Family Reunion

"Being a FAMILY means you are part of something very wonderful.  It means you will be love and be loved for the rest of your life.  No matter what!" - The Daily Quote

Dea's POV

The boys fell asleep – I'm not sure if it's because of my voice or is it the way I drive. I will just ask my mom's driver to wake them up.

When I entered our mansion, 3J gave me hugs and kisses.  "I missed you Tita,  why you didn't wake me up last night?  Dad said you slept in our house."  Oh, yes... He was still sleeping when I left the mansion.

"Because I don't want to disturbed you, you're like a little prince – sleeping handsomely in your bed but I gave you a kiss."  He giggled so sweetly as I kept on tickling him.  He's so adorable.

"Come Tita.  I'll introduce you to my Ninong."  3J pulled me to my hand going to the backdoor where the swimming pool is.

"Here comes our little princess!"  A few sets of eyes glanced to my direction.

"Kuya JELO!"  I excitedly screamed and ran to him and gave my big brother a big hug.  I missed him, it had been a year when I last saw him.  With my three brothers,  I am more close to him.  Kuya Jael was eight years older than me and he was so strict with me.  Kuya Jelo was six years older than me as well as Ate Jac, but he was so cool. 

"Kuya Deo, you're here too?"  My twin brother, we were like cat and dog and he was as strict as Kuya Jael.  He was just a few minutes older than me so, I used to call him Kuya as well. 

"Didn't you miss me, twinchi?  It seems that you only missed Kuya Jelo?" he said, then pouted like a sulky duck.  He gave me a hug and pinched my nose as he always did.  And I don't like it.

"Ouch! How can I miss you – you keep on pinching me!" I said annoyed and frowned to him.   "I missed my Kuya Jelo – I never seen him for a million years!"  I wrapped my arms around Kuya Jelo's waist and he rest his arms on my shoulder. 

"How about me?  Didn't you miss me – I'm your only sister?"

"Ate Jac!  Oh, I missed you too – I'm going to tell you a lot of stories!"  I also gave her a warmth hug and my eyes widens when I gazed into the man standing beside her.

He was so handome in his light blue long sleeve and I missed his smiling face. 

"Arthur!" I exclaimed.  

He furrowed his eyebrow a bit but his smile never left his lips. "Oh, I mean – Prof. King, right?"  Oh, jeez!  I'm Dea not Ecai.  Ate Jac winked at me.

"I was surprised that you still remember me."  He gave me a kiss on my right cheek and I guess, I blushed a little.  "And look at you – you're all grown up!" 

"I've grown up to be a beautiful lady, ain't I?"  I remembered that I told him before... Wait for me to grow up – I will be a beautiful lady.

"I will not disagree.  You're more alluring than I've expected you to be..."  he said warmly and I can't help to be giddy.  I probably like Radley more than him but he was still my very first crush.

"So, Tita, you like my Ninong?"  Oh! Was I that very obvious?  Even my seven-year-old nephew noticed. My cheeks felt warm.  So, Arthur was the godfather of 3J.  I don't remember seeing him at my nephew's baptismal day.  I should check the pictures again.

"Guys, the table is ready.  And little Darcess -- you have a visitor!" Kuya Jael popped up at the door and behind him was the man who've just woke-up from his deep sleep. Witchy laugh on my mind.