Kingdom Flaws (3)

The routine was simple.

For the last week I have been safely changing into my normal self while I slept in the kitchen. It was hectic, but this was what I was strung with. I worked with other muro's who did the tedious jobs in the kingdom.

Muro's if you don't know are ones that are born with brown eyes. Those born with brown eyes are ninety nine percent of the time muro. The best way to tell if one is a muro is from their strange small birthmark somewhere on their body.

Yerska gave me a potion to hide it, but I have to apply it on every morning. My birthmark is on my wrist and is black. It's very hard to describe yet it's one you'll never forget. They say the color of your birthmark shows how much power you have. If it has a lot of colors you are very powerful.

Those who have many colors on their birthmark are automatically hero's in peoples eyes. My brother had two colors and by law was sent to the most prestigious school. My parents loved him to death, but when he turned rouge... Everything changed.

He killed two noble sons which meant prison for life. We still don't know until this day what triggered the killings, but his name has been cast a curse in my village. My parents still get heat from it and ever since I was little people looked down on me.

They think I'll be like my brother because I have a black birthmark. Having a black birthmark is like having an unknown lottery. It's not rare, but rare at the same time because only a few in a million actually have unlimited powers.

Master Ohana was one of them. He was a muro and because of him muros were set as equals in this country. It brings me great shame to have embarrassed myself like that, but thank god i'm in Julis's form.

Through history muro's have been looked down upon for many, many years. That changed when they became apart of history becoming some of the most powerful people in the world.

Muro's were and still are typically servants, but now we are acknowledged for what we have done for this country. Even though I'm proud to be a muro no matter what many pale borns like to use it as a slang term.

Something disgusting. It pains me of how deep their ignorance it, however at the same time I can't help, but get mad. They'll never understand. One reason I was allowed to become a gaurd was because I'm a muro. They don't care. If a pale born became one it would be an outrage.

The discrimination in this country is horrific, yet this what it is. I was very humble to see the muro's in this forbidden palace treated with justice, yet very shocked Yerska a pale poor born was good friends with them.

You don't see it around my village since the line is drawn, but in the cities you do. I was raised old fashioned so you can't blame my intolerance. The work was easy and sometimes hard, but still I had to remember I was being helped out here so I did my best.

The King after all decided after the first day not to start the games right away and decided to show the princesses around the palace for a week. I didn't mind. I didn't mind at all. In fact I was so ecstatic I was ready to jump out of the dress I was wearing as Julis.

The golden skinned guard was the one showing us around and acquainted us by showing several tours of the huge palace. I almost went nuts with squeals when we met all these famous guards and warriors. They were even more magnificent and in person while the other princesses yawned.

They didn't even understand what these people did and they had the audacity to yawn!? It boiled my brains, but I was too happy to let their idiocy ruin my fun.

Every single Princess kept on giving me weird looks as we kept on going on. Cor who kept on giggling from my expressions looked like she was enjoying it. Day looked bored out of her mind while Autumn and Kenzie did their usual thing of gossiping.