Kingdom Flaws (5)

A gust of freezing cold wind started at the nape of my neck and down towards my waist. Fear engraved against my expression as I faced the forbidden king. His ever so heartwarming smile now deciphered as heartless and conniving.

I felt like I was plunged into a side show where animals were bet on to see who could kill the other first. I was an animal in this game.

"Now..." The King slapped his hands together. "If you... Ladies are to stand on a podium from the order of your kingdoms that would be lovely."

I looked around nervously to find seven podiums placed neatly beside the huge round walls that was spaced out evenly. Fefe was the first to move along with Cor who looked like a walking corpse from the blood sucked out of her expression.

I walked towards my podium where I was in the middle of the second and fourth kingdom. I stood on my podium cautiously as it started to rise a couple of feet into the air. Flinching I bent my knees down to get a better hold of my position. The stadium was eerily quiet as we rose pretty high into the air. I looked down noticing how fatal the fall was.

My close reason being so that we wouldn't try to even escape. My fingertips going cold as the realization struck me down. I watched with my hands on my side as the king began to speak about the game.

"Your princes!" The king shouted pointing ahead of him. I looked down at the middle of the huge stadium to find the middle suddenly moving in a circular motion until it turned into a black hole. A grey platform of some sort started to move upwards as seven figures made it towards the surface. The crowds start to clap and applaud the fake princes in an horizontal fashion stand in a straight line.

They each all of a sudden separated towards all the princesses. I watched one of the fake princeses come over and step on a ledge that sent it hovering up to the top where I stood. This fake prince I could tell was wearing some type of glimmer spell. I smelled it.

This was part of my training back at my school. When magic got involved with protecting our masters. I tried to ignore that wandering stench, but it was evident. The years of practice depicting one from a crowd finally came in attack mode.

I glanced towards the king. If these fake princes were to help they had to have some experiance of fighting. They might look like the prince wearing a glimmer spell, but they were real underneath the supposed mask they wore.

I glanced away from the king and stared at the fake prince who gave off this stone like persona. I nervously gulped and suddenly felt this so called challenge for the princes affection was going to be much harder then I thought.

"You all now have a fake prince as your help mentors for each challenge. Beware they are fully trained men who have a glimmer spell as the prince who know what they are doing. If they know better then listen. This is my gift to you princesses," the king chuckled as if this would help in anyway. The stadium applauded with a unison of nods.

None of the princesses clapped. Instead we all looked terrified at what was coming up. The king clapped lightly and put his hand down. Master Ohana looking extremely bored amongst the several famous heroes behind the king. I noticed a very famous muro woman amongst the many as well.

I was astonished at this. She was the first muro woman to fight for female rights and went through a very public bloody struggle through magic and symbols that till day are used in famous schools. She was beautiful with her mark on her wrist even visible from where I was.

She was very old with long white wavy hair that touched the floor. Her skin a milky bark color that accented her magnificent cheekbones. Her nose was pointed along with feminine lips that could sway anyway. Her speeches were legend and were spoken so intently they started wars, ignited them even. She was feared by not kingdoms, but countries because of how powerful she made words seem.