Kingdom Flaws (7)

The Prince stared me down with an impeccable glare. My insides right away started melting and not because of that cliche romantic feeling.

He was the predator.

I was the prey.

Simple math and more frankly natural selection at this point.

I blinked several times tripping on my footing, even though I was standing still, and cleared my voice. I was more than intimidated. I was terrified. The fact I harassed the prince... With my foot makes me want to swallow myself in whole.

"What are you doing just standing there muro?" Autumn glared with a rude tone.

"Ah-coming," I stuttered walking forward with the food platter. It was only appetizers. Expensive ones for all I knew. I held my stomach with a flat hand while gracefully placed the platter in the middle of the table.

"Ahem," Autumn cleared her voice in a haughty way. She raised her eyebrows and glanced down at her plate.

I smiled hesitating with a swift glance and placed a decent amount of cheese and exotics fruits on Autumns and the princes. He wasn't looking at me anymore which I was grateful for rather staring eye to eye with Autumn.

She was grinning the whole time with her hands under her chin as she forcefully fluttered her eyelashes. He frowned a little, but he quickly shadowed it with a rapid expression I found both questionable and suspicious.

"I hope that you did well in the first competition of the princess games," the prince smiled. "I was very amused with the information that you single handily killed the boriff."

"Well," Autumn swiped away some hair on her shoulder with a pretty hand. "I'm very courageous."

"I see," the prince stared at his plate suddenly looking bored. He circled a piece of grape with his finger. I had to stand there until he personally dismissed me. My legs and back aching already from a nervous twitch standing in the same spot.

"You're very beautiful as well," the prince stretched his mouth in what was supposed to be a smile. "As well as the other princesses.." He muttered.

"Oh you're too modest," Autumn giggled pretending not to hear the other compliments. "I'm little bit more then that," she sighed winking.

The prince didn't look that amused with the under rated conceited joke. He stretched his mouth once again that seemed like a smile, but I've seen too many fake smiles to know one. I myself a master at one.

"You're dismissed," Autumn flung her hand towards my way.

I didn't budge.

"You heard me," she acknowledged me now with a tasteless glare. "You're dismissed," Autumn hissed.

"I only dismiss around here," the prince spoke in monotone. Autumn blushed crimson at this flinching backwards.

"I apologize," Autumn smoothed down her dress and the sides of her up do hair style. "I'm a princess used to ordering that's all," she grinned. "I would be a lovely queen.." Autumn murmured to herself, but loudly enough for the prince and myself to hear.

I rolled my eyes not even helping it at this point. The girl was more desperate then she claimed not to be.

"You have something to say?" The prince snapped.

I blinked thinking he was speaking to someone else, but then his expression was glued with hot lava onto me. My throat suddenly tightened with his crown coming into view and how bad I was in a position not to get kicked out of this kingdom.