<<Chapter 3: The Offer>>

After flying for what seemed like hours, Paige finally landed on, what looked like a big grey carpet. The first thing she noticed when she landed was the obscene amounts of noise. Car horns were honking, people were yelling, and sirens were blaring. Where am I? she thought to herself. She took a long look around and was surprised at what she saw. There were giant buildings that seemed to reach all the way to the sky, all lit up. Then, there were the noisy, little yellow cars that were constantly honking. How strange... Paige said to herself. She diverted her attention to the people around her, and she noticed they were rushing to walk on the long grey carpet, and one of them almost pushed her over.

"I've got to get somewhere safe!" she whispered. Across the street, there was a cute little restaurant with flashing lights and pictures of girls wearing angel wings. This must be where all the angels go when they visit Earth! Paige thought. She quickly made her way across the street, being careful to avoid the little yellow cars. Once she got closer, she saw a lit up neon sign on the restaurant. Heaven on Earth she read. She squealed in delight and pushed the doors open.

It was dark inside and looked nothing like her home. Loud music was blasting through the speakers and bright lights were flashing different colors, illuminating people on a stage. These people were dancing around what looked like a thin pillar, and upon closer inspection, she saw they were wearing little to no clothing! The only thing that looked remotely like home were the wings the girls were wearing.

"What is this place?" she whispered. She felt a presence behind her and quickly turned around, only to be met face-to-face with the most beautiful human being she'd ever laid eyes on.

"Hello darling. This is Heaven on Earth" the stranger told her.

Paige was shaking, not used to a male being so close to her. She looked around, worriedly, unable to figure out what exactly was going on in this dark, scary restaurant.

The beautiful stranger noticed her confused looks and smirked, handing her a drink. She took it and started drinking, the cool sensation soothing her dry mouth.

"It's a strip club baby. One of life's greatest pleasures, besides sex of course" he said with a grin. Paige almost choked on her drink, causing the man to grin harder.

"Name's Harry" he said, shooting her a devious look.

"P-Paige" she said, her voice shaking. "So... uhm... what are they doing?" she asked.

"Well aren't you cute?" Harry smirked. "To answer your question sweetheart, these girls are dancing to entertain all these men in here."

Paige raised her eyebrows, still confused. Sensing that she still didn't know what was going on, Harry continued explaining.

"Here's what happens baby: men come in here and watch beautiful women dance because it's hot. Then, if someone really likes how the girl is dancing, they can shove money into the dancer's bra or thong, depending on which they want to touch" he said winking.

Paige felt extremely uncomfortable in this situation. Here was this man she had only just met, explaining what lewd men did to degrade these poor women.

"You're really... innocent. Aren't you?" he asked her.

"Uhm... I guess" Paige told him.

"Tell you what sweetcheeks, I'm gonna teach you the ways of the world. You know, show you how to take a walk on the wild side" Harry winked.

Paige gulped, nervous. I can't do this! He's bad news! Mother wouldn't want me to associate myself with him! He'll only cause me problems! one side of her brain told her. Paige! This is your chance! Your assignment is to take bad people and turn them good! He's the perfect start! the other side of her brain rationalized.

"Uhmm... yeah sure. I guess that might be good for me" she said shakily.

Harry grinned and grabbed a cocktail napkin. "Here's my number. Gimme a call when you're ready for your first life lesson" he said.

Paige nodded and put the folded napkin in her pocket.

"See ya 'round babe" Harry said as he sauntered out.

Paige just stood in the middle of this disgusting place, completely speechless. What have I just gotten myself into!?