<<Chapter 1: The Innocents>>

Above the farms, the cities, the suburbs, and the mountains, there was a castle resting on the clouds. In order to see it, one would have to reach dizzying heights that no mere mortal could achieve. If, by chance, one could see it, they would first notice a large, golden gate protecting a white castle. This castle was Astraea, home of the angels.

Once inside, there was a long hallway, with gilded tapestries covering the walls and ovalesque domes that gave a view of the sky. On this particular day, if you walked down the hall and up the grand marble staircase, you would see angels flitting around nervously. Today was the day that the Princess of the Angels was receiving her assignment. It was her coming out ceremony that showed she was now a woman.

Inside the chamber, Tanya, Queen of the Angels, was pacing. Her snowy, blond hair was piled on top of her head in an elegant updo, and her long white dress flowed behind her with every step. Her daughter, Paige, was late to her own coming out ceremony, which made her a bit nervous. She had the perfect assignment picked out for her darling daughter, and she was sure Paige could handle it. She just needed to show up. The room was deathly silent except for the click clack of Tanya's heels. Suddenly, the door burst open, revealing an impeccably dressed Paige.

"I'm so sorry Mother! I ran into one of the younger girls and she needed help with her dress, so I stopped to help her" Paige said breathlessly.

Tanya nodded, understanding. She would have done the exact same thing.

"So- down to business about my darling daughter" Tanya said. "I have the perfect assignment for you my dear" she smiled.

Paige looked up at her mother eagerly. She had been waiting for her Angel Assignment ever since she was a little girl, and now that it was her eighteenth birthday, she was finally getting it.

"As you know, Earth has become a corrupt, evil place. People wreak havoc on their own kind, and I cannot have that. So, I have decided that your Angel Assignment will be to transform mankind into a good-hearted species once again" Tanya told her.

Paige's eyes went wide. Transform mankind? she thought to herself. Is that even possible?

"Mother, with all due respect, is that even possible?" Paige asked.

Tanya nodded and walked behind the gossamer curtains. When she came out, she produced a pair of wings.

"As you know, once someone gets their Angel Assignment, they also get their wings. Congratulations my daughter" Tanya said, dabbing at her eyes with a tissue.

Paige ran up and embraced her mother. Tanya soon pulled away and looked her daughter up and down. With a smile, she motioned for Paige to turn around. Paige turned so her back was facing her mother and Tanya put on her wings.

"You look beautiful my darling. I believe that you will be able to turn mankind around" Tanya said, shedding a tear.

"I love you so much Mother. I'll be back as soon as the assignment is over, I promise" Paige said before hugging her mother one last time.

Tanya waved at Paige as she flew out of the chamber. Once the doors opened, the angels made a pathway for the newly assigned girl. Paige smiled and waved at everyone as she exited the castle and made her way to the edge of the cloud.

"This is it!" she whispered to herself. She looked around, saying a mental goodbye to her home, before jumping off the cloud. She didn't know it yet, but the minute she jumped off the cloud, her life was set to change forever.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Hey Angels! This is the first chapter of my new fanfiction, Not All Angels Fly. I hope you enjoyed it because I worked really hard on making everything more descriptive! If you liked this, please vote! The gif on the side is what I envision Tanya to look like. Just a quick note, this story won't have anything to do with religion. The Angel and the Devil are being used as a metaphor for good vs. evil here, so don't think I'll bring God and religion into this, because I won't. Also, on my other story, Blackmail, I do a guess the song at the end of every chapter as a dedication opportunity. I want to do the same thing on this story, so is there a game (other than guess the song) that you would want to play? Just let me know below ↓ Also, to make sure that I stay on a good posting schedule, I'm doing goals. Here are this chapter's goals: 500 reads, 50 votes, and 45 comments. Once I reach these goals, I'll upload the next chapter. I just don't want to disappoint you guys if I don't upload a chapter on time, so this is a good way to keep myself on track. Thanks everyone! -Ali

Not All Angels Fly &gt;&gt; Harry Styles AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें