8

The guy on TV was barking through the living room but I barely got what he wanted to tell his cop colleagues. Everything was blurred and I was not able to concentrate on one point anymore. 'Ahh, shit, not again,' I thought but chuckled to myself right after. Who cared? It was all the same, every day the same shit to deal with and I could not take it anymore, so why give damn if I'd end up drunk but at least have a good sleep later? No nightmares, no waking up in the middle of the night... true, the awakening in the morning might be bad, but I could handle that.
I pushed up my upper body and grabbed another can of beer from the couch table, ignoring the suggestive look Paul gave me. He was weird all evening, being more concentrated on his watch and the damn time than on getting wasted with me. The other's were nowhere to see as well so it just left me and my beer being best friends tonight.
"You don't think it's enough?" Paul asked after I had drunken the first half of the can and felt the alcohol affecting me more and more.
"Nah,m aight." I slurred and shrugged effusively. I was alright, wasn't I? Of course, why wouldn't I be?
"Seriously, you know -"
"That I can always talk to you ya'a right," I interrupted him and drunkenly spat the words at him. He might be my best friend but today, just like every day, the alc was a better friend. Because whatever he did, Paul wouldn't be able to drown my feelings and help me getting numb. "Next thing you gonna tell'm that Ima good person 'n then yu'll ask me'f'm aight, m'I right? M perfectly fine, thanks, Paul." I continued and felt bad about my words. At the same time, I knew they'd make him shut up.
"That's enough," he mumbled. Against any expectations, he spoke up, though, and he seemed pissed. As in really angry. At me. He took the remote control from my hand - well it was more like he just picked it up because I had no strength left since the beer already affected my motions. He switched off the TV and threw the remote onto the table and unexpectedly grabbed me by my collar. I wanted to protest but my head was spinning too much as he wrenched me up and shoved me onto my legs and out the living room. I still tried to fight back and being drunk as I was, the only thing that occurred to me was punching around. At first, it would not impress him, so I got angry as well. I'd yell and offense him as much as possible but I think it was the hit to his face that finally broke all his control. He dropped me and I was too pissed to support myself without help, so I fell face forwards onto the floor. Laying there for a second I swore before I got myself up, struggling with my balance. I looked up and saw Paul giving me a bit of a horrified but mostly angry stare. He shook his head two times, and then, he grabbed me, again. I felt myself being dragged through a hallway, my head was spinning even worse. Next thing I know is sitting with my ass on the terrace in the warm night.
"I'm done with you, man. Get your shit together or get lost, I'm sick of your behavior, your constant let down of everybody and your head stuck in your ass. Or Alc. Whatever. I'm done with you." The words seemed far away but just so clear to me. They hurt me but at the same time I was in a state where I was numb again, just as I had planned it.
"Wha'evr" I mumbled and tried to get up again, falling back onto my side. I tried again, but every time I was nearly up I would lose any balance I gained. After the third or fourth, maybe seventh try I finally managed to heave up my numbed body. I did not feel my limbs anymore, the only thing I felt was how my head spun around and around. I emptied the can into my mouth and felt a sudden wave of anger boiling through my guts. I wanted to hit the marble pillar around three meters from me but the can flew into the bushes somewhere else. I heard it hit a tree or so and shrugged, again. Somewhere here must be more beer, though. There always was beer, everywhere. We were in the fucking mansion with nine people, of course, it was.
I looked around and saw the small cooler near the pool and right beside a longer.
"Perfect," I mumbled again and started to totter into the right direction. I think I did not walk that straight, but I reached my aim eventually - without falling into the pool. Taking another can of beer from the light blue box I seated my ass on the furniture and gave a hateful stare towards the mansion. I hoped for Paul to bump his hallux into the sharpest piend he could possibly find in the whole mansion and opened the next can. At least I would have some peace out here. I realized way too late that there were steps on the terrace though. In a less drunken state, I might have realized that they were quite light, unlikely for one of the guys.
"The fuck do you want, thought you'd be done with me," I mumbled, completely slurring each word into the other again.

____
Gosh you guys hit the 1k Views on this Sequel here, now, nearly 100 votes with (now) 8 chaps, omg I am so thankful!
Besides 'Remember What You're Staring At Is Me' has 11.7k Views and nearly 640 Votes- What the hell? You guys are crazy - thanks so much <3
Can I be sentimental for one second and tell you how grateful and amazed I am? Yeah? Alright, that was said second. xD No, seriously, thanks, you crazy maggots!
Stay (sic), stay tuned and well, keep voting and commenting because I love your comments way too much and you have no friggin idea how much it motivates me every single time!
Cheers ~