•2•

The medic lifted a small baby. And when I say small-I mean small.

"It's a boy!" She said as they wrapped him up. They lifted me on the stretcher and laid a big towel on my bottom half.

"Bailey? Why didn't you tell me?" Sam whispered as we made our way out of the bathroom.

"I didn't know Sam. I had my period. I didn't gain much weight." I whispered. Sam and I got in the back of the ambulance. Jenna said she'd visit me when school was out. Then the medics gave me the baby.

Sam didn't know what to think. But he was holding up better than I was. Soon we were at the hospital. They took the baby and gave me room. I was fine but I was scared for my son. Sam was sitting in a chair at the end of my bed, his chin in his hands and his leg bouncing continuously.

"How couldn't you have known?" Sam asked in an annoyed tone.

"Hmm lets see, maybe because I didn't get fat. Plus I got my period. I don't know either Sam." I said angrily. He looked pissed at my tone. But before I could say anything a doctor walked in with my son.

"Don't ask me how but he's perfectly healthy. Under weight but healthy." She said setting him in my arms. Sam looked at us but I just looked at my little surprise.

"How much does he weigh?" I ask hoarsely. She smiled.

"5 pounds 7 ounces. He's a little fighter. You're lucky Bailey. Want me to contact your family?" She asks and I nod. I was running a finger over his little cheeks. He had dark hair that I just loved.

"Call Sam's family too. Please." I ask before she walks out.

"Ottis Shane." I said and Sam looks up.

"Why are you naming him?" He asks and I just look up at him.

"Cause he needs one..."

"You're keeping him?" He asks and all my anger comes back.

"Of course I am! He's my son! You don't have to like it Sam but he's our son. I would never give him up." Just then my dad, grandparents, and mom barrel into my room. Mom started crying with my grandma.

Dad and grandpa looked mad and pissed.

"You're dead Sam!" My dad says before charging for him.

"Dad!" I yell then everyone looks to me.

"We didn't know! And he's here now so there's no going back. And I'm keeping him just so everyone knows." I say and Sam just leaves as his mom and dad walk in.