It Feels Like A Dream, Being Able To See Her Again

Chapter 23 

Maui's POV

  With each passing moment, my worry for Moana grows. She's really out of it right now and her moods are shifting like you wouldn't believe. My comforting seems to help relax her at times, but it can only do so much. Now on top of all of her stress, now she's having these horrible nightmares that won't allow her to sleep consistently. She'll sleep for an hour tops before waking up screaming at the top of her lungs. I wish her Gramma Tala was here. Besides me, she's the only other person who not was there for Moana, but truly understood her.  

    It's like the universe just read my mind because right before my very eyes is Gramma Tala in spirit form. I hurry to wake Moana up. She groans but when she sees Gramma Tala as well, she lights up instantly. Moana leaps into her arms and hugs her. Meanwhile I stand there awkwardly, giving a wave and small smile to her. I try to give them some space because Moana really needs this alone with her Gramma right now. She might not have time like this with her again for a long time. 

Moana's POV

  I can't believe Gramma Tala is standing right before me. It feels like a dream that's too good to be true. "Gramma, what are you doing here?" She smiles. "I'm here because I know about everything that's happened in the past few weeks. That includes you and Maui being an item, you being a demigoddess, and your parents banishing you from Montonui." I frown at her. "I must be such a disappointment in your eyes. I'm so sorry I let you down." She looks at me like I'm insane. "Disappoint me? Never. You're my Moana. I'm so proud of you. You've accomplished what everyone in that silly little village has dreamed of doing their entire lives. They're just jealous of you. As for your parents, if they're going to treat you like they did, you don't need them. Also, as for Maui, I'm glad you're in love with someone who makes you as happy as he does." She motions for Maui to come over and he does so obediently. 

      "Maui, I know quite a bit about you as well. Despite everything you've done, you've changed for the better. I can see how much of a better man you want to be for Moana. I respect that. Just promise me one thing." He says "Anything." She pulls him in for a hug. "Promise me you'll take care of my Moana and love her forever. She's so special and deserves all of the love in the world." He smiles and hugs her back. "It'd be my honor to take care of Moana and love her with all of my heart." "Good. Then I shall be on my way." She turns back to me one last time. "Just remember Moana, I may not be with you physically, but I'll always be with you in spirit and in your heart. If you need me, all you have to do is think of me and I'll try my best to appear. I love you so much." I give her one last hug before she disappears. "I love you too Gramma Tala. Thank you for appearing." She smiles and begins to disappear. 

     When she completely disappears, I reach out and hug Maui tighter than ever. "I know you were the one who made that happen. Thank you Maui. I'll don't know how I could ever repay you. That was so special for me. I honestly really needed to see her again and you made that possible." He blushes. "You deserved it Moana. It's no problem at all. You know I'd do anything for you." I blush back. "I know Maui. I'd do anything for you too." 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary