Part 2

Laura moped around the racecourse all week long. Her best friend, Flounder the cute fish ,  tried to cheer her up .

  " The race trophy isn't  really  that  great ",said Flounder .  " I know what would make you happy - looking for some snarfblats or dinglehoppers . "

     But for once ,  Laura didn't  want to look for human object  that  had fallen into the sea. She only had one thing on her mind, the race.

    "It just isn't  fair !"she exclaimed . "I know I could win !"

    "Yes," agreed Flounder. " If only you were a merman. Then your father would let you enter the race."

    "That's  it !" Cried Laura. "I'll be a merman-Eric , the merman! Flounder , you're  genius ! "

    Laura zipped around  the palace ,  looking forba racing uniform and helmet . As she turned a corner ,  she swam straight into her father's  adviser, Austin the crab.

    " Teenagers ,  " Austin muttered ,  "always in a hurry ."

    "Sorry," Laura said . "  I guess I just had racing on my mind ."

    "You and your father both ,"the crab said as he adjusted  his shell. "He keeps going to the closet to look at his old racing uniform. You know ,  he was your age when he entered  his first competition . "

     Laura was suprised . King James had never told her that he used to race .

    "Thanks ,  Austin!"said Laura. Now she knew where  to find a racing uniform !