Awkward moment

I go to the front door, but I don't just grab the doorknob. I ring the bell. And I wait. I wait until someone opens the door. 
The light in the hallway turns on. I can hear someone putting the key in the lock and turning it. The door opens and I stand eye in eye with Mason. 

'Anna! You're back! Where have you been? I've been trying to reach you sinds yesterday morning! What happened? Why are you so dirty?' 

He hugs me and pulls me inside. When we enter the living room he pushes me in the sofa and sits down next to me. I tell him about my mom and Clara. I say that after I left the sandwich bar, I ran to the bridge to hide from the rain. I tell him about John and Becky. He laughs. I don't think he should know every detail. It's not important. Nothing happened on that bridge, so there is no need for him to know about it. 
I tell him about the argument I just had with my dad. 

'You can stay here!', Mason yells enthusiastically. 

'Thanks Mason, but I can't stay here for ever.'

'Of course you can', Mason's mom says,'I mean, we have a spare bedroom so you can sleep there. Mason can bring you to school and back home. We can make you food.'

'Are you sure?', I ask surprised about how generous she is.

'Of course!', Mason and his mom say at the same time. 

'I'll go make your bed', she says and runs upstairs.

'Mason I.. I don't know what to say.'

'Then don't say anything', he whispers. 

He puts his hand on my lap and closes his eyes. He leans over. I can feel his breath against my face. I close my eyes and put my lips together. I move my hand upwards to softly grab his neck, but I don't have the courage to, so it just hangs in between us. I can feel his nose against mine and-

I stand up and quickly walk away. What was I thinking!? He has a girlfriend! I run upstairs and almost run over Jenny, Mason's mom.

'Oh Anna, I made your b-'

I don't listen to what she says. I run into my (maybe) new room and lock the door behind me. I let myself fall on the bed, face first, and think about what just happened. I almost kissed my best friend, who has a girlfriend. I'm not in love. Not with him. Not with Mason. Not with-
Michael! I should talk to Michael to forget about this. 
I reach into my pocket, but feel nothing. Shoot! My mom still has my phone. I look around and see an old, 3 cm thick laptop laying on a shelf. Good enough. I open the laptop and turn it on. The buttons are very dusty and the letters are hard to read. 

'ENTER PASSWORD'

Of course. What could it be? I know this used to be Mason's older sister's room. She moved out a year ago. Let's see, what do I know about her? She has a boyfriend! 

'ALEXANDER'

Nope. Maybe it has something to do with her obsession with Ryan Higa? Just like me, Sarah was in to YouTubers. 

'RYAN HIGA RULES'

Yes! I got it! That was easier than I expected. I open up Facebook and look for Michael in my contactlist. Online! Double yes!

I message him:'Hey you :)'

Immediate reply:'Hey you'

'You okay?'

'I am now :) You?'

'Same. Something awkward just happened.'

'What? Tell me'

'Mason just tried to kiss me...'

'Well.. that's... interesting... Doesn't he have a girlfriend?'

'Yeah... I kind of.. ran off...'

'You ran away!? hahahah'

'Yeah! I feel bad for him tho.'

'Don't! He's the one who was going to cheat! I doubt he'd treat you right.'

We keep on chatting for a couple of hours. When it turns 11 o'clock, I log off and go to sleep. I wonder what'll happen tomorrow. I miss my LA-poster. The ceiling is so empty here. I wish there was a way to go get it. I wish- Stop wishing, Anna! Not happening!