Take two.

I woke up a little while later, still lying on the ground next to my front door. The smell of blood still filled the air, and I remembered that it was me who had been bleeding. I realized that I had spent the whole night laying at this exact place, in a pool of my now dried blood and glass shards.

I looked at the clock, it was about 8 a.m. I thought that today might be a good day for take two. I had tried to get through this, and my failure from yesterday had gotten me even more beat up this morning. What was the point? Plus, probably this annoying lifeguard wouldn't be there this early in the morning to stop me again.

I got up and slowly walked to the cliff I was at the day before.

**Jesse's POV**

It was a new day at Bondi, and I was amongst the lads who were on the early shift. I first went with one of my colleagues to select the appropriate places to set the rescue boards today, as well as the "dangerous current" signs. Then, I went back to the tower to meet Hoppo, the boss, to know where I'd be working for the day.

Unfortunately, I wasn't set near the cliff, as I had originally hoped. I had to do everything to convince Reidy to switch place with me. At first, he was reluctant, saying that I would be working alongside my best mate Maxi, and we wouldn't be 'serious' enough together. However, when I explained my apprehension to him, he finally agreed.

**Olivia's POV**

I headed down to the beach and opted to change into my bikini to blend in better. I passed the lifeguard who had been watching me the day before. I think he didn't see me. Climbing the cliff, I found myself constantly glancing back, wondering if he would catch sight of me. Did I want him to?

When I got to the top, I stole one final glance in his direction, but it was only his friend's eyes that met mine, widening with recognition. I saw him swiftly turn around to talk to the other lifeguard - MY lifeguard. He looked in my direction and began sprinting towards me. Panic surged, urging me to quicken my pace towards the edge. The last words I registered were a desperate plea: "Please, don't jump!" But it was too late...

My back hit the water first after a 10-meter fall. And I was knocked unconscious.

***

Sorry for the first chapter guys, I NEEDED to end it this way!! Won't take long before another update :)