19. Shakespeare's and Ice Creams

"I pray you, good Bassanio, let me know it;
And if it stand, as you yourself still do,
Within the eye of honor, be assured
My purse, my person, my extremest means
Lie all unlocked to your occasions." - Antonio, Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice.

Lol I've been wanting to use this song for so long and though it doesn't fit the whole chapter, it fits the start so I shall FINALLY use it as I don't think it'll be needed in future but who knows?

Song: Love yourself - Justin Bieber

***

Lexis sits down next to hera and glances at what she's reading.

He traces his lips.

"Shakespeare?" He says raising an eyebrow as a sharp short jolt of pain passes his head but he hides it from being expressed on his face.

Hera immediately looks up. The entire room was looking at her but in the midst of the many faces one stood out and earned her full attention. One that had called a name she wasn't too sure if she heard clearly and was currently seating next to her.

"Shakespeare?" Hera asks oblivious to the attention around her.
She looks him in the eyes various emotions crossing her face but a blank look on his. Was he calling her daughter? But her daughter wasn't here. Was he calling her? Did he get his memory back?

His eyes flicker down to the book and she follows the movement realizing he meant the book.

Hera silently nods her tongue seemingly tied.

"Most ladies read E.L James, Suzanne Collins..." Lexis pauses as  a blurry image flashes across his mind with a voice that sounded like his saying,

"Danielle Steele, Nora Roberts,"

He frowns.

Hera stares at him as memories from their past cross her mind.
She feels the tears welling up as her throat gets choked up. She focuses on him forgetting where she is for a bit.

"I see my beautiful packaging has finally captured your attention," Lexis says.

"Tell me do you like what you see?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

Hera nods her head.

The whole room bursts out into fits of laughter. Hera looks around and notices the attention of the whole room on her. She wanted the ground to open up and swallow her. She wanted to hide from the embarrassment but had no where to go.

"So are you going to buy this product?" He asks leaning in causing her to lean back, away from him at the closeness.

"What?!" She asks shocked and confused.
What game was he playing?

"What are you thinking of? Surely you didn't think I meant..." He pauses and smirks.

"This is what happens when you don't pay attention. I'm sorry, I have a fiancee," He says getting up.

"Pay attention, lectures started over 40 minutes ago," He says getting up. He walks down to the stage towards the podium.

"That, ladies and gentlemen is how you get your customers attention and interest," He says to which everyone starts clapping.

"The business field is a battle ground where there is only room for one at the top. At Mixx we aim for that top spot," He says.
Hera tries to focus on him and tune out what just happened but finds it hard to.

    After saying a couple more words, Lexis concludes his speech and walks towards the entrance to leave with Maeve. Hera pretends to be listening telling herself not to turn and glance at him.