83. Another day

Song: Cross My Mind - Twin Forks

"Tennessee Williams once wrote; When so many are lonely as seem to be lonely, it would be inexcusably selfish to be lonely alone." - Lucas Scott One Tree Hill.

***

The next day, Lexis wakes up to the sight of Hera still fast asleep on the couch and smiles. Maeve walks in to the sight of Lexis quietly watching Hera as she sleeps on the couch, finally able to get a good rest knowing he's alive. He signals for her to leave and return later. Nodding she leaves quietly shutting the door.

The smile on his face is wiped off and turned to a glower as he recalls his conversation with Lea and his father. Letting out a heavy sigh, he seats up, his back propped against a stack of pillows with his head on the headboard. He shuts his eyes in thought, tapping his index finger against the blanket.

Waking up much later than she expects, Hera quickly glances at Lexis and notices his posture and action causing her to smile in relief.

He's awake, he's alive, he'll be fine and they'll be okay.

Stretching quietly, she gets up and folds her blanket, placing it at the foot of the couch. She then ruffles her hair and walks over to his bedside, seating down.

Lexis opens his eyes at the slight dipping of the bed by her added weight.

He smiles.

"What's wrong?" Hera asks voice laced with concern.

"What's wrong? Why do you think something is wrong?" Lexis asks and chuckles.

"Your smile is not reaching your eyes, it's half hearted and you're chuckling to cover it up," Hera says.

He stays silent.

"Lexis don't hide anything from me, please?" She pleads.

He smiles and uses his finger to trace the side of her face.

He stays quiet seemingly weighing options.

"Lea was the one who drugged me," He finally says.

"What?!" Hera says in shock.

"Why?" She asks.

"Apparently she is my mother's sister," Lexis says.

"Wait what?" Hera says in shock.

Lexis repeats his words.

"Where did you hear that?"

"From the horses mouth," Lexis answers.

"Lea told you she is your mothers sister and you believed her?"

"I don't know if I do, I still have questions,"

"You haven't asked her?"

"I was int he ICU remember?" Lexis says lightly tapping her forehead with his index finger.

"Oh my goodness," Hera says clasping her hands together.

"That's why, that's why you were unconscious?" She says tying the links.

"That and the fact that if I'm to believe Lea's words my mother committed an affair with my uncle, Ryan" Lexis says to which Hera's lips twitch as she draws in her lips for a bite. An action that doesn't pass his eyes.

"You're nervous, not shocked but nervous," Lexis says forehead furrowed.

"You knew?" He says his voice going up a pitch accusatorially.