Chapter 1. The Crash.

Alexandra Danvers Grey remembers every detail of the worst day of her life. The image of nothing but forest before her eyes, the strong smell of the gasoline from the plane, the high pitched screaming of someone in deep pain, the metallic taste of blood in her mouth, the weight of the plane wing laying on top of her, and the feeling of dread for what was about to happen to her and the people she cares about.
She remembers everything down to the second she become just Alexandra Danvers.
•FLASHBACK• -5 YEARS AGO-
Lexie Grey boarded the plane knowing what would happen. Which is why she's currently standing in the tiny plane bathroom with a syringe in one hand and a small glass bottle of whiskey in the other. She looks at herself in the mirror and shakes her head.
'How did I get here?' She asks herself running her fingers through her long brown hair. 'Oh right. Cause I asked for it' she snorts. She takes a deep breath and holds up the syringe and inhales deeply 'MORPHINE' she reads. The drug to kill immense amounts of pain. 'This better fucking work' she thinks as she downs the bottle of whiskey and injects the syringe deep into her thigh. She opens her eyes and exhales. 'Here goes nothing' she thinks as she throws them away deep into the trash can, takes one last look at herself in the mirror and exits the bathroom.
As she takes her seat in the back of the plane, she inhales in anxiety and fear causing Derek to look over at her.
"You okay Lex?" He asks with that charming classic Derek smile.
She smiles a tight lipped smile.
"O-of course. Yeah, just a nervous flier." She says with her voice filled with nervousness. He chuckles in understanding. 'He better take care of my sister while I'm gone' she thinks as she looks at the handsome man.
"Hey, it'll be okay. Pilots know exactly what their doing, just nap and I'll wake u when we get there." He says calmly.
Lexie just nods slightly and smiles.
As the plane leaves the ground she leans her head against the window, closes her eyes and holds her breath.
Lexie winces at the sun as she slowly blinks her eyes open. She immediately hears the high pitched sound of someone screaming in pain? In fear? Both? Her doctor instincts kick in as she tries to sit up but is restricted. She immediately panics when she realizes she can't move. At all. She swallows roughly and takes a shuttering breath as she glances down toward her legs. She chokes out a sob as soon as she sees it.
An entire airplane wing engulfing the lower half of her body. She closes her eyes and then laughs bitterly.
'The damn Morphine worked, but of course Im the one who ends up with a giant fucking airplane wing on my body' she thinks. She continues laughing as she looks around but abruptly stops when she sees that she's alone in the middle of the woods. 'What if everyone died?' 'What if they sit coke for me like they said?' She starts panicking at her thoughts. 'I have to let them know I'm here' she thinks as she looks around for something to make noise with. She spots a seatbelt out of the corner of her eye and smiles. 'Perfect' She thinks as she starts beating the side of the wing with the seatbelt hoping they will find her.
She's starting to get hopeless by the 100th beat until she hears someone approaching her. Not just someone, Mark. Her Mark. She starts sobbing again as he leans down to her eye level both out of disappointment and sadness.
He calmly smiles at Lexie as he barks orders for Christina to go find a way to help get her out. "Hey. You're okay. You're okay" he says with a shaky voice.
She smiles sadly at him. "Mark."
"Shh hey. Shhh it's okay. We're okay." He repeats to her in a soothing voice. She looks at the man who has held her heart since the first time she saw him and cries silently at her having to break his heart just so she can move on. She shakes her head "Mark." She says again.
"You good? Christina-Christina will be back at any minute." He says. "She's gonna be back and we're going to get you stabilized and you're gonna be fine, okay?"
"Mark" Lexie keeps repeating to him after every word.
"Just a few minutes okay? She'll be back at any minute" He says ignoring her again.
'I have to act now' Lexie thinks as she takes shaky and slow breaths. "Mark I'm dying" she says finally getting his attention.
"N-no, no you're not." He says confidently.
"I-I am. Please. Please tell-" she starts and then stops thinking of all the pain she's about to cause everyone she cares about. "-tell Meredith that I love her and that she was a good sister and please tell my dad-" "hey, hey, you're gonna be fine" Mark says cutting her off as she sobs.
"Hold-hold my hand." She begs.
"I'm not holding your hand because your not dying" he says confidently again.
"Hold my hand!" She says again wondering why he has to always be so stubborn.
"No! You're not dying." He repeats once again. "Do u hear me? U don't die today." He says standing up to try and move the plane.
She panics worried that if he moves the wing she'll feel the pain. 'The morphine' she thinks hoping it doesn't wear off soon.
She hears Mark give up and sob against the plane wing and guilt washes into her. 'I should just confess everything now' she tells herself. But stops, knowing there's no turning back now from everything that's about to happen now.
Mark appears in front of her again and finally reaches for her hand. "I love you" he says tears escaping his eyes.
Lexie cries real, pain soaked tears. "You don't have to say it just because I did" she says with a shaking breath still in character. "I do love you, I've always been and will always be in love with you, which is why u have to stay alive because we can get married and u can become an amazing surgeon and then we will have 2-3 kids" he repeats again. She smiles a real happy smile at him this time as he rambles on about the future they'll have, Knowing he means every word. She feels the guilt again. Knowing she can't give him what he wants.
"We're meant to be" Mark says and Lexie smiles, knowing that's the last thing she'll hear before she ends it all.
"M-meant to be" she says with a watery smile and tired eyes wanting those words to be the last thing he'll ever hear Alexandra Grey ever say.
And then she holds her breath.
She feels marks fingers close her eyes and feels his hand Tremble in hers as he cries. A lone tear escapes her eye and she hopes he doesn't see it.
She lays there for what felt like hours. And She hears it all. Christina putting a stop to the screaming, who she found out was Arizona, Mark passing out, Meredith during emergency surgery in the woods to fix him, Meredith and Christina yelling for Derek, them finding Derek, and the worst part, everyone crying over her death. Everyone had left her there and was in need and here she was faking her own damn death. She felt chills take over her body when she felt a sharp pain in her leg. 'Oh god' she thought. 'The morphine wore off' she thinks starting to feel very rock, stick and plane part on top of her.
She couldn't take it anymore.
She quietly whistled the sound she was supposed to when the ghost was clear and waited. She gave up hope that even they had left her until she heard those boots she could hear from miles away approach her. The DEO.
Hank Henshaw, the director of the DEO, calmly leaned under the plane wing. "How's it going in there AGENT Danvers?" He asks with a smirk.
"G-great. It's going just great." She responds wincing at the pain.
Henshaw barks orders at all the men to help lift the wing up. She waits patiently and in pain.
After about 30 Minutes, she knows because she counted, the wing is lifted up and off of her. She sighs in relief. 'Finally' she thinks as she's helped onto a stretcher. She knows her leg is deeply injured and she worries for a few seconds how bad the damage will be, but she knows that the damage she's done to her family and friends is much much worse. Because This was the day Alexandra Grey died. But this was the day Alexandra Danvers was born.