Chapter 20- Cracks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right now it's almost 3 am in the morning. I can't sleep. The memories of the happenings a few hours ago were still etched in my brain. All of the images were still crystal clear. Looking at the beautiful ring on my finger, the memories flashed across my brain.

I was looking down at the ring box as Connor spoke, "Ok. Jo, this might be kinda shocking and sudden..... But...." He paused, "Im going to continue my studies, I didn't study the full course when I was studying back then.... And oh! The ring.... Right. Uhh.... This isn't a marridge proposal..... This ring is a promise ring. I want you to wear it, to promise me that you'll wait for me and I'll do the same."

I looked at Connor, speechless. He was going to university? again. I couldn't believe he only told me now! Many questions rang inside of my brain. Like, How many years are you studying for? When are you going? Where is your University?

But most of all, will I wait for him.

No, it's not that I have no faith that I can't wait for him. Its just that.... Im afraid he'll get a girlfriend there, and forget all about me. I love him too much to be able to handle that when it happens! But I agreed anyways, this is the reason for my plight right now. Sitting on the bed, looking at the ring. wondering if I made the right choice. I asked Connor some of my queries which were all answered in the end.

He was going next month.... Its already halfway through the month, I can't let time be wasted. I just couldn't I needed someone to talk to. Than it hit me. I had a best friend! OH GOD.... I ignored her for so many days..... Shanthi. She must be so worried and mad right now.... I promised I'd called her when I reached LA. She must be so worried back in Texas..... Without a thought, I walked out to the front yard and sat down and dialed Shanthi's no. IDC IF ITS 3 AM

"hello?" Someone groggily spoke into the phone.

"Shanthi..... It's me Jo..... I uh-"

"OH HEY JO!!!!! Thought you were freaking dead. In heaven making videos with Connor and O2L and last but not least, forgetting me?" She interrupted me in an angry tone.

"Look Shanthi, I'm so sorry..... I really am. But I'm not gonna lie I did forget you, I'm a really bad person.... I.. I.. I just..." I utterly lost it. I started to cry.

"Jo? I'm sorry! Oh my gosh, don't cry..... I'm so sorry was I too harsh? I didn't mean to...." Shanthi apologized. I was feeling guilty, and I still called her at 3 am.... I wiped my tears away with the back of my hand. I took a deep breath and begun speaking again.

"Thanks Shanthi... For answering this call." I replied. I wasn't ususally like this but...

"Jo, I can sense it. Something's wrong. Tell me, I need to know, I can't have my bestie crying. Who's the jerk?! Is it Connor?!" She assumed. She was kinda right but not really.... I explained it to her right from the start, she understood and talked to me. She told me to not worry about it and that with her savings and mine combined, we could get an apartment here in LA after Connor goes off for his courses. That of course also meant that I had to find a job.

No more fooling around in teenage years, its time to grow up. It's the time when I start to work, buy a house and live my life. It's that time. Both me and Shanthi agreed that she would fly over to LA next week and we would get an apartment together. I also reminded Shanthi to go to my old house to get all of my stuff as the house was under my custody now, and I wanted to sell it.

I don't want to live in that house anymore, it brought back sad memories, I didn't want to be reminded and cry everyday. I want to live my life to the fullest.

Starting from tomorrow, I would put the house up for sale and look for an apartment in LA so the moment Shanthi flies here, we would have a place to stay. Our place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't really like this chapter...... ITS SO CRAPPY. Anyways, do you guys want me to skip to one week later when Shanthi comes or I go slowly day by day. Comment down below and tell me which one you would prefer! I CAN'T DECIDE..... Its a problem im trying to solve it okay.... MY INDECISIVENESS. UGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember to vote, comment and fan me!!

Follow me on instagram if you wanna see the shit I post daily

@winniecxh (don't mention my fanfic there pls??)