Anna

"Wear red" Eric said ending my confusion which dress I should wear for family dinner.

I looked at him again for conformation since I was again unsure. But he was firm.

"Don't think too much, wear this, and get ready, our guests will be arriving shortly." He said kissing on my cheeks.

"Eric, will they come?" I asked worriedly.

"Yes, they will Anna, they both may have many personal difference but they love you deadly. So get ready. I will be down stairs." Eric went down after kissing me.

That is Eric my love. My husband. Always giving me hope. I fell in love with him in collage. And eloped to marry him going against our families. Just like them.

Just like my parents.

Dominic Santon and Millana Santon were perfect Mills and Boon Couples until a few years ago. People envied their love. Until she come between them.

The bitch or witch I still loathe my dad's new wife. Who made my mother cry? Broke my mother's perfect world. My mother was never same again. She lost her love to leggy model who seduced my dad.

My parents had a messy divorce. In the end dad left mom. For her. Which broke our family. My brother Kevin choose to be with mom. Since I am already eighteen that time I went collage not bothering about my dad's new life.

Now I am married. But my in law's will fully accept me only if my family attend their Christmas dinner. Their family tradition.

I called my parents and told the truth. They said they would come. But one thing fear.

The mess they left behind is a really messy one. Will they face each other again?

"You are just like your father. Love to be late always" My head turned suddenly.

A voice I hadn't heard for a while.

Mom

I hugged closely. And I began to cry. I missed her terribly.

"Don't ruin my make drama queen. I pay many bucks to impress your in laws. So get ready." She scolded me.

Then I noticed her completely. She looked different. She was wearing a golden colored gown which had long cut in back which exposed her back. Her long hair was cut down to shot. And her makeup was perfect.

"Mom you look amazing "I said happily.

"What did you expect? I will cry rivers on your father's betrayal. Never. I am over him" she said proudly.

But I felt is she want show that man whom I still call father that she is really over. Is this façade or real.

I got ready soon. My mother did my hair and makeup. Again I felt strange. She was doing it perfectly. Earlier she never bothered about her looks. She believed in being natural. But now.

"Let's go my beautiful bride. People are waiting for us."

We slowly dissented from stairs. Eric looked at me from afar. He smiled at me. And I blushed. I really felt like a bride. And I saw him.

"Who is that mom?" I asked her.

"Who?" she asked back.

"One who is chatting with my mother in law" I pressed again.

"Oh, that is my new boyfriend Devon" she said lazily.

This time my jaws dropped in wonder. Devon guy was really hot. And quite a charmer because no one can impress my mother in law in ten minutes. And she is laughing with him. No wonder he changed my mother.

Mom got over dad. Millana got over Dominic Santon.

This going to be more interesting than I thought. Suddenly the doorbell rang.

One of the servants opened the door.

It was dad.

Dominic Santon entered with her new wife.

Dad looked tired and sleepy. He not even bothered to shave his grey beard. He was same unlike my mother.

And he looked at her. Same look which always made my mom nervous and blush. But this time my mother ignored it. She went near her boyfriend Devon.

"Your father looks as if he want to eat his ex-wife" Eric whispered in my ears.

I knew he is right. Nobody ignores Dominic Santon. That not the woman who worshipped him.

Is sparks still left somewhere? This Dinner something is going to happen. Something that will change everything.

I held Eric's hands tightly. He smiled understanding my dilemma.

"Nothing will happen" he said slowly. Even though I want to believe that desperately but my heart knows better.