My Husband Is Gay <8>

~My Husband Is Gay ..8..~

CHRISTOPHER

Week have past after the day I told Pete everything and now, day by day after that day, Pete seems to show interest on my 'marriage with benefit' with Julia and sometimes I feel like he show more interest on Julia than the marriage. Why? I still don't know. Seem like he know her before, but at the same time that impossible. If he knows her, he must mention that to me. We never have secret between each other.

It's Monday and here I am, in my office doing my work. Ever since that day, the day I have lunch with Grandma and Mom and Julia right after I spend my time with Mom, I haven't seen or contact any of them at all.

Since Grandma the one planning everything, now I just wait for her to call me and tell me more about what should I do next. After all, this is all her plans and I believe she is planning more. Like when or where the wedding will be. I will only make a plan, if she told me. Isn't all this is her thing to do before the position?

Mom, I haven't seen her too. Not that I don't want. I really am wanting to see her again since now that she is like the old her, but at the same time I'm scared to see her. Afraid if she suddenly knows about me and Pete, I'm afraid to watch her change again.

It's painful to watch her face without smile attach to it. I've seen it for twenty years, more like I spend my whole life with her without any smile on her face and now that I got her back like the day before dad died, I don't want to lose her again.

And Julia, if I can, I don't want to see her anymore before the day. Her face somehow mange to haunting me, that the biggest reason as to why I don't want to see her.

As I keep busy myself with my work, my phone ringing in my pocket showing there has an incoming call.

"Hello?" I ask once I answer it not even bother to check who calling.

"Chris, honey, are you free today?" I know that voice so well. The voice that belongs to one of the people I've been avoided.

"I have a meeting with Ryder Corporation later, why mom?"

"When is it?"

"They don't confirm it yet, when will they come here, maybe at 2 or 3 o'clock. Why?" I ask her again.

"Nothing really, I just want to talk to you. How about we have lunch together?"

Here I am, been trying to avoid her and there she is, wanting to see me. As she keeps talking, I realize how cheerful her voice is. I don't have to look at her face to know the whole time she has been talking, she is smiling. Her voice just proves everything.

That's why I want to avoid her and choose to not to talk to her. Because at this moment, I just realize, I don't want her to change if the truth suddenly come out. In fact, I don't want her to change at all from the beginning, twenty years ago.

I want her to always be happy like the day she just got back from her trip, the day we have lunch with Grandma. I want her to hear her cheerful voice just like right now.

"Chris, honey are you still there?" Mom asks bringing me back to reality.

"Oh God, what am i thinking, of course you must be busy right now. My baby is a hard working boy and here I al disturbing you from doing your work. I'm sorry hun. Don't worry, plan cancels, we just meet after you finish your work, if that's ok with you?"

"No, I'm not busy. I was just . . . thinking." I say the words but not really realize what I just say. It's just come out like that.

"What were you thinking Chris?" ask Mom.