004 :: reaction

beep, beep, beep. the monitor goes, reminding the nurses that his heart is still beating. jeongguk pries his eyes open because the ceiling lights are too bright.

"where am i ... ?" his head was still spinning. propping his elbows up, jeongguk forces himself to half sit on the bed.

he spots a guy wearing the same clothes as him, he's a patient? that guy only continues to watch a family sobbing, closely. a lady clad in full-black walks beside him, "jung hoseok, died on 23 of september due to overdose of depressants."

he bites his lips, he doesn't know what to feel. "that's me?" eyes studied the figure covered by a blanket. then they turned glassy, tears welled. "mum, dad, i'm sorry," he mumbles loud enough but they don't respond.

he takes a final glance before she motion him to move.

jeongguk's already huge eyes widens in stark shock. why is she doing here? he removes whatever tubes that is attached to him and dashes towards her. he needs an answer. how is he ... alive? he spreads his hands apart, hindering them.

"who are you?" they both questioned in unison. all eyes turned to jeongguk because what their eyes perceived is him talking to himself. he brings his hands down.

she pagers for her partner, "12580, can you help me lead jung hoseok back? he just died. i've some trouble here," she completes requesting, eyes glaring at jeongguk.

she sighs, "so this is why they say never meddle in lives and deaths."

hoseok was guided by 12580 to the tearoom. "i saved your life, don't you have to do something?" she started off, he gets the hint and asks her, "what do you want to drink, i'll treat you."

"strawberry milk!" she flashes him her teeth.

"welcome," a voice at the counter greeted when they step in. she grab a package off the shelf and proceed to pay. the cashier squints his eyes hard, he can spot the numbers above his head but not on her head. she looks at him from his nameplate which read "kim taehyung."

"what?" she questions. he snaps out of it and shakes his head vigorously.

both jeongguk and her pushed the door and stood in the sunlight, outside the store, lightening her hair into hazel brown. "but what's a date?" she sips her milk.

"something i can never have," jeongguk sighs.

she furrows, she always thought humans can have anything they want, "i can be your date!" she exclaims, still clueless about the definition of a date. he stares at her, astonished. how could she say that?

taehyung presses his head on the panel, still inside the store. why can't he see the numbers above her head? both of them turn back, lips widen, flabbergasted. why is he behaving like that?

note -; HELLO THANK YOU FOR READING,,
just in case if you're wondering, i revealed that taehyung could see numbers at the previous chapter! do check it out if you are clueless,, i lov u all thank you for voting + commenting!