Good morning, young woman. (Part III)

Dj drove Ramona to the nearest store.

"Dj, we were never taught any of this in school. No one ever told me what to anticipate, or why this is happening to me." She said, quietly.

"Well, Ramona," Dj began, "A period is basically getting your body to have a baby further in life. That's why every month for 5-7 days, you get your period. The cramps are triggered by everything moving around in your lower stomach. To prevent them from getting on your clothes, you can use pads or tampons. Most young girls around your age will choose the first option."

They sprung out of the car and headed for the feminine care isle. She picked up 2 boxes of pads to experiment with, As they headed for the register, she saw Jackson and Lola. 

"Hey Mom!" Jackson said, excitedly. "We just came to pick up some snacks, for a movie later."

"That's great honey," Dj smiled, hiding her purchase behind her.

"Hey Lola," Ramona said, awkwardly. "Did you guys have a good time at the mall?"

"We had a great time!" They both said, in sync. 

"We will see you guys later," Dj said, trying to save Ramona from the potential embarrassment.

"See ya!" Jackson smiled.

Dj and Ramona jumped in the car and pulled out quickly.

"Thank you so much Dj, for avoiding that hurdle."

"You're welcome, Ramona. It's all about the coming of age." She smiled, as they headed home.