Chapter VI - The Death Camp

Genesis watched, bewildered, as Sephiroth and Angeal returned with a multitude of bags and boxes as Cissnei skipped in behind them, gleefully prancing and rummaging through the bags for the clothing she'd picked out.

"Did you actually leave anything in the store?"

Sephiroth frowned, reminded of how light his wallet felt. "Apparently not." He glared at Cissnei as she pulled the gross 'My Little Chocobo' leggings from the bag.

"You think this is cute, don't you Genesis?" She stated rather than asked.

Genesis quirked an eyebrow. "I can honestly say that is a startling garment..."

She grinned. "I knew it!" And hurried into Sephiroth's room.

"...And I hope it's the only startling garment."

"Don't count on it." Sephiroth grumbled, placing his shopping bags on the table under the window.

"Alice! What do you think of these?" They heard Cissnei say, her words followed by a scream of terror as Alice almost ran out of Sephiroth's room and clutched onto Sephiroth's legs, sobbing and trembling as Cissnei hurried after her and crouched down, holding up the sparkling leggings that reflected off the huge tears on Alice's wet and blotchy face. "But Alice, aren't they cute?" She held them up again and Alice screeched, dancing around Sephiroth's legs.

"No!" She sobbed over and over until Sephiroth kicked the leggings out of Cissnei's grip and lifted Alice up, allowing her to clutch onto his hair as she wailed.

"Hey!" Cissnei complained, reaching to grab the leggings as Sephiroth used one hand to rustle through the carrier bag and passed a receipt to Cissnei as she stood with the sparkly garment in hand.

"Here's the receipt, take that monstrosity back to the store!"

"Don't be stupid Sephiroth!" Cissnei walked around him to pet Alice's face as she choked on her sobs, ignoring how Sephiroth turned as she attempted to walk around him. "She just didn't see them in the right light is all! Look Alice," She cooed, holding the garment up in the light as Alice lifted her head and let out a louder scream than before as the light rebounded off the clothing!

Alice clutched Sephiroth's hair tighter and hid her face in his shoulder again as he practically threw the receipt at Cissnei. "Take them back!"

Cissnei was none too pleased but soon cheered up after returning the disastrous leggings to the store when she found Alice was as anxious as she to start trying on her new clothes, clothes would only fit once she put some weight on.

Sephiroth watched, bewildered, as dresses and tops of every shade were dressed on his child only to be torn off soon after and another one tried on. Her hair shoved in pigtails, ponytails, buns, bows, headbands and ribbons to complete each outfit until she was sleeping exhaustedly and dressed in her final costume of the day, a very pink nightdress.

"Is she really sleeping?" Genesis wondered aloud as Alice was laid on the sofa. "That's all she's done all day." He worried as he curiously watched her unconsciously hug the tatty bunny tighter.

Sephiroth sat in his chair. "Perhaps because she's eaten more than she must have in a while, perhaps it tired her?"

"Maybe..." Angeal muttered. "And her journey must've been exhausting... I still think a hospital—"

"She has an appointment with a doctor tomorrow." Sephiroth quickly interrupted with a glare. "If something was wrong I'd know by now."

Perhaps he spoke too soon?