Suprises

“Um, hi?” Maya said, looking at Celeste.

Shawn walked up to Bentlee, sitting down beside him.

“Why would you say that about your sister?” he asked, not trying to sound mad.

“Because, she irritates me. She thinks that she’s older than me and smarter and better just because she’s the captain of the cheerleaders. Woohoo.” he said, waving his finger in a circle in the air.

“You don’t know that she’s a whore. I’ve never heard of the chick so I cant tell you. But you shouldn’t feel upset about saying it or about what Bentlee said. It doesn’t matter.” Tyler told her.

While Shawn was talking to Bentlee, someone walked up behind him and put a hand on his shoulder.

“Aye Shawn, ‘member me?”

“Dad?”

Celeste looked at Maya.

“My son, Bentlee, really likes you and he is sitting on a bench thinking about you and I wonder if you could go see him?” she asked. Bentlee would thank her later.

Bethany nodded her head.

“But brothers are supposed to give a shit, and he just doesn’t care” she said looking at the ground, still sniffling.

Maya went over to see where Bentlee was and saw his dad and some

other dude standing there.

“Um, Bentlee. Can I talk to you?” She asked.

“Uh, sure,” Bentlee mumbled, walking away from the mess.

Shawn stared at his dad, who he hadn’t seen in over three hundred years. “What are you doing here?” Shawn asked, as he watched Bentlee talk to Maya.

“Well, I just thought it be time to see me son.” Shane said in the old Irish accent Shawn had thrown away.

“Why didn’t you go see Josh, or Julianne? Why me?” Shawn asked, still watching Bentlee. Then he saw Bethany talking to Tyler. “I have to go,” he said, and ran over to ‘parent’ Bethany.

Celeste saw Shawn walk away from some old dude and went over to

see who it was.

“Um, excuse me, who are you? You were just talking to my husband” she said puzzled.

Bethany saw her dad come over, she kissed Tyler.

“Go practice” she said and Tyler nodded going off to the field. She stopped her dad from talking. “Dad……leave me alone” she said and went to practice.

“What did I do?” Shawn asked, looking back at his dad. “Ah! NO!” he started running back to his dad, then stopped. Maybe if he hid, it would all work itself out. Probably not.

“Celeste, this is my dad. Dad, my wife,” Shawn muttered, the sat down on the bench with his head in his hands.

“So you like me, huh?” Maya asked Bentlee, smiling.

“Hold on. Where did you hear that from?” He looked at his mom and frowned. “Yeah I do,”

Celeste paused.

“Wait. Your dad?” She smiled at the dude and held her hand out. “Hi, I’m Celeste, your……..son’s wife” she had to take this in. “Um, yeah” She now had a father in law and she was a bit scared. She had never had a real father anything in her life.

“Ah, don’t like him. He’s abusive,” Shawn lied, trying to get her to move away from him before he could say anything embarrassing.