5 // You Said You're Embarressed Of Your Body

Credits to another fellow Picsart-er!
^ ^ ^

Credits to another fellow Picsart-er!^ ^ ^

"What if we fought back?"–The DragonSlayer (Cory), 2016^ ^ ^

The DragonSlayer (Cory), 2016
^ ^ ^

Location: Swashbuckler's Tree House
^ ^ ^ YOUR POV ^ ^ ^

   A week after last chapter [I'm skipping an episode (or two? Idk) sorry not sorry] . . .

   "SWASHBUCKLERS!" Marina screams as she bursts through the doors. All of our heads immediately turn to her.

   Gertrude had recently broken up with her emu boyfriend, and was just playing D&D, with Simon as the DM. Me and Cory were involved in the game as well, with me playing as a sly, stealthy, half-elf thief.

   A couple days before that, we held tryouts for more Swashbuckler members. Nobody came besides . . . Well, Mikey. He was with Ched every time they made fun of me for my TV head. It was a surprise, no doubt. I mean, really! Only true nerds could decipher those codes.

(D&D = Dungeons & Dragons, DM = Dungeon Master)

   "Marina! What is it? Are you alright?" I ask worriedly. I jump out of my chair—and I mean this when I say it—and was up and at her faster than the flash. Within milliseconds, I was holding my best friend tightly, allowing her to sob uncontrollably into my shoulder.

   "I-i-i-it . . . It's TOBY!" She cries out, gripping my sweatshirt even tighter. Our eyes widen as Marina continues to let waterfalls flow out of her eyes. I didn't know a human being could cry this much!!

   "Toby? What happened? Where is he?" Simon stood up, beginning to panic. Gertrude stood up with him, feeling concerned as well.

   "He. . . H-h-he's in . . . I-in th-the h-h-hos-ho-hospital!" The girl sobs, barely making the sentence out.

   Ch-ch-Ched b-b-b-beat h-him uh-up, and h—" She nearly choked on her words as she talked.

   "That's all we need to hear . . ." Cory grumbles angrily. We filed out the door and down the ladder, our destination set for the hospital.

   Me and Cory exchanged worried glances as we walked ahead of our friends.

   "You think he's okay?" Cory asks softly, in a whispering tone. I give him a sad, but reassuring smile, and placed a hand on his shoulder as well.

   "I think he'll be fine. There's nothing to worry about, Cory! Marina's probably, hopefully, overreacting." I say 'hopefully' quietly, unknowing of the events that were to come. Was Tank truly okay?

   "You're right, Y/N." Cory sighs, giving me a side hug. "I'm sure he'll be fine." I don't think he even believes his own words. Though, I was shocked by his sudden actions. He didn't let me go until a "Uh-hem," came from Simon, causing us to realize that we reached the hospital. Blushing, we made our way into the waiting room.
^ ^ ^

   "Give it to me straight Doc." Cory asks calmly, hoping for the best, just like the rest of us. We had been in the waiting room for quite a while.

   Me and Mari were more than oblivious. Apparently, Tank had been receiving love letters from someone, but when him and the anonymous person went to meet up, he ran into Ched.

   And now he's in the hospital. I've only heard rumors, but . . . Does Ched really kill? None of Tank's family seemed to be here with us, and Simon explained what happened with the boy's parents.

   "I'm sorry, but . . ." Oh no. Oh no no no no. "He just won't stop eating! I'm pretty sure he tried to eat a nurse's hand earlier!" The doctor shivers. You have got to be kidding me.

   "What? No. How is our friend?" The camera-face clarifies.

   "Oh! He woke up like an hour ago. He'll be fine." The doctor tells us, walking away. A sigh of relief swept through our group.

   Toby was okay.
^ ^ ^

   "Toby! Oh goodness, we were so worried!" Marina squeals, wiping away excess tears so he wouldn't see. Tank smiles upon our entrance.

   "Hey guys!" He squeaks. "What's up?" Toby has a plate with a large sandwich on it.

   "What's up? Look at you! How are you?" Simon says (lol), using his hands for effect.

   "Yeah! What's up with you?" Gertrude asks, relieved. Toby shrugs.

   "I'm fine guys. I-it's just a flesh wound." He tells us, letting out a nervous chuckle.

   "Make that, multiple flesh wounds." I scoff, earning a glare from Marina. Hey, I was just as worried as you. I look back at Cory, who seemed to be lost in thought.

   "Hey Cory, you alright?" I ask, knowing that something was going through his head at this very moment. He nods.

   "Just thinking." The boy replies. I frown.

   "If you're thinking about Ched . . . The police won't help us Cory! We'd have to take this into our own hands, but . . ." A lightbulb popped up above his head.

   "Hey guys, I'm going out to do something." My best male friend notifies the rest of the gang.

   "I'm going too, later!" I say after a couple seconds, catching up to Cory as he exits the room.
^ ^ ^

A/N: Sorry it's late! I've just been, well, lazier than usual. Also, my dad hasn't been able to pay for wifi or Internet because he doesn't have enough money. He's jobless, and Internet is $50 monthly, so yeah.

   Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! The next one will be coming out very soon, so don't worry! Over and out!

      Sunset