9 // You Are Beautiful, I'm Afraid

A/N: Hey! I was thinking, after this story ends, how about I start an Overwatch fanfic? I have a couple ideas, but I wanted to know what you thought of this idea first, m'kay?

". . . I'll find strength in pain, and I will change my ways. I'll know my name as it's called again."
Mumford & Sons, 'The Cave'

"            –Mumford & Sons, 'The Cave'

   ". . . Don't blame yourself, 'cause you tried as hard as hell, with the hand that you were dealt."
Air Traffic Controller, 'Blame'
^ ^ ^
Location: Who even cares anymore?
^ ^ ^MARINA'S POV^ ^ ^

"Y/N! What's been on your mind?" I ask, jumping onto her head, bouncing on the sheets. She simply groans, resting her TV head on her pillow. Y/N hadn't been very active since we found the Swashbuckler's base in shambles. It broke my heart into a million pieces to see Tank that upset!

"Come on! We tell each other everything! You told me when you were hurting yourself, I told you when that blondie broke my heart—" I was rambling, but she cut me off with a basic, "Yeah, yeah."

"The point is, I want to know what's bothering you, and I won't tell a soul unless it's necessary. You know the girl code! Sisters before misters!" I declare, shaking her shoulders. Y/N nods, knowing I would've found out anyways. I'm so clever!

"It's . . . Cory. Cory is the- well, not the problem, or he is, but he's not a problem, I mean—" My best friend begins to ramble about the boy. Wait, she's rambling about a boy?

"Y/N!" I yell at her, snapping her back to reality. "What is the problem?!" She sighs, putting her hands on her screen.

"I think I like Cory. As in, m-more than a friend."

That was a surprise. She never fell in love with anyone! I mean, there have been some boys, but- wait, hold on a sec.

"Would you be willing to, oh, I dunno, get involved with him?" I ask hopefully. She gets a dreamy look on her face. She- Oh my goodness, yes! She's in friggin' love!

"Maybe. If he likes me back, that is." Y/N replies, saying the second statement sadly. O. M. G. YEEEEESS! Oh he totally does, my main girl!

"This is as great as dancing with Toby! It's magical!" I come to a realization, and grab her by the shoulders once again, and bring her face closer to mine. "We need to tell Gertrude."

"I thought this was a secret?" Y/N tells me. Well, yeah! Duh.

"Of course! But 'GT' is now a member of our sister circle. In conclusion, we must tell her immediately!" I whip out my phone and message Gertrude. Telling her to come right away, the redhead immediately responds, notifying me that she'd be here ASAP.

   "Why? It's not like he'd want to get involved with a freak or anything." She tells me.

   "You're forgetting he has a camera for a face." I remind her, shaking my head. My BFF groans, laying on her side.

   "But that's part of his natural chaaarm." Actually, I found that quite adorable. Suddenly, a short figure crashed through the bedroom doorway.

   "I'M HERE! WHATS THE EMERGENCY?!" Gertrude screeches.

   "Oh. Oh! OOOOH! I thought you were being attacked by Ched or something! But, nope. This is larger!" The ginger emphasizes, practically freaking out.

   "It feels like Ched is attacking my heart when I think about Cory." Y/N states, and crosses her arms. She was being really contemplative.

   "You poor thing." I mumble, going over to pat her metallic head. Gertrude sighs, taking it all in.

   "I'm 100% sure he likes you back!" GT attempts to lighten up the mood.

   "Did you ask him?" Y/N asks doubtfully. The ginger shook her head. "Thought so."

   "Why don't you ask him out then? If you get rejected, big deal! You just move on!" I burst out. It was Gertrude's turn to shake her head.

   "Mari, you know it wasn't that easy for me and Simon." She informs me. Finally, Y/N sat up straight.

   "You know I can't do that right now. Ched is targeting our friends specifically, and we're fighting back. We can't involve—I can't involve more romance in case on of us gets hurt! I'm sorry guys. My love interests aren't exactly important right now." Y/N falls back onto her pillow, staring at the ceiling, and ending our conversation.

   "You do have a point, I guess." I admit, letting a frown take over my features. "Well, we'll see you later Gertrude."

   "See you two!" Gertrude flashes us a sad smile before exiting Y/N's room, and then the house. I sighed, noticing that my best friend had fallen asleep. I ran my hands through my hair and walked over to my own room.

   "What in the world am I going to do with you?"