Part Five

"Brother, Emma made you something," Killian said as Liam walked into the house. He whispered as to not wake Emma up. Her head was on Killian's lap while her feet was on Neal's lap.

"It smells good in here. What was she up to?" Liam asked as he took off his coat and hung it up on the coat rack.

"Just go in the kitchen and see."

Liam chuckled and nodded, going into the kitchen like his little brother told him to. He came back out with a sugar cookie in his hand. "She made Mum's sugar cookies?"

Neal nodded, "and they're pretty good too."

"They are exactly like the ones she used to make." Liam pointed at the still sleeping Emma. "She is a wonderful girl."

"I know," Neal and Killian said in unison. They glared at each other and the door opened a second or so later.

"Ruby!" Liam said excitedly, but was shortly followed by two "shh's" after. "What are you doing here, love?"

"She came to visit me," Killian said, winking at Ruby, which was followed by an eye roll by both Liam and the older woman.

"I wanted to visit my boyfriend," she said, wrapping her arms around Liam's neck and giving him a quick peck on the lips.

"What? No kiss for me?" Killian asked with a fake pout.

Ruby laughed and went over to Killian. She kissed her fingers then roughly, but playfully tapped them to his cheek. She ruffled his hair. "It's good to see you again, Killian." She reached over and fist bumped Neal. "You too, Neal."

"How long has Emma been asleep?" Liam asked.

"About an hour," Neal replied. "She fell asleep right after finishing the cookies."

"Aye, we would have helped her, but someone made a mess in the kitchen. After that, she forced us out of there," Killian explained, glaring at Neal.

"If you would have let go of the bowl and gave me the spoon, there wouldn't have been a mess to clean up in the first place."

"Stop fighting!" Liam scolded. "Emma doesn't like being woken up, so I suggest you stop before she smacks you both." Both boys nodded and went back to their video game. "I'll order a pizza, and once it gets here, then you can wake her up." Liam grabbed Ruby's hand and they went into the kitchen.

"I don't want Emma's decision, or this stupid deal to come between our friendship, Killian," Neal confessed quietly.

"I don't either. We are really good friends when Emma isn't the subject of our conversation," Killian agreed. He stroked her blonde curls out of her face and let them fall over her shoulder. "I will accept whatever decision she makes, and I promise not to get in the way of that."

"I promise too."

Killian and Neal bumped their fists together and continued to play their video game. It was about another hour before the pizza came. Liam grabbed the two boxes and took them in the kitchen, leaving Killian and Neal to wake Emma up.

"Love? It's time to wake up," Killian said softly, petting her face.

"Is the world about to end?" She asked with a groan.

"No-"

"Then let me sleep!"" She whined, hugging Killian's stomach and nuzzling her head in it.

Both boys chuckled. "We have pizza," Neal said, making one of Emma's eyes open. "Your favorite."

She got up and rubbed her eyes with a yawn. Killian laughed and rubbed her back, "sleepy Swan."

She nodded and stood up, then went into the kitchen. "Good morning, sleepyhead," Ruby said, pulling Emma into a side hug.