Part Eight

"How am I going to tell Neal?" She asked, putting her head in her hands.

"Like this, 'Neal, I am dating a more handsome guy then you, but I would love to still be friends with you.' See? Simple." Emma glared at him and he changed his gaze between her and the road. "What? You don't want to do that?"

"Of course not!"

"Why? That's letting him down easy."

Emma let out a laugh. "I do care about him you know."

"You're gonna have to choose, Emma, because neither one of us is going to give up."

"I already did choose, Killian. I chose you. But, even if I hadn't, it isn't a contest."

"Isn't it?"

"No. You don't simply score a girl. You get her to fall in love with you over time. Two weeks certainly isn't a long time to make her love you. I've known you and Neal since I was fifteen. There are things that I love to do with Neal and there are things I love to do with you. While Neal is sweet and kind, you are more open about your decisions. There are things about both of you that I love. I have been telling myself ever since we met that there is this connection that I feel with you then what I feel with Neal. You and I, we understand each other. We always have. Being abandoned and not feeling loved. I don't have that with Neal. And it just makes you and I closer together."

"Aye, that it does." Killian glanced at her then quickly looked back to the road. They drove back home in a comfortable silence. He helped her out of the car and they went inside. Liam had left long ago for work and Neal was home alone. The two teenagers went inside and Neal was on the couch, playing on his phone. He looked up as Emma and Killian walked in and rushed to Emma, gathering her in his arms.

"Where the hell did you go? You scared the shit out of me, Emma Swan!" He shouted, but then brought her back into his embrace.

"Neal!" She said, pushing him away from her. "We need to talk." She looked over at Killian, "give us a minute alone, please?"

"Sure, love." Killian smiled and went into the kitchen.

"We need to talk," Emma said, moving to the couch. She sat down but Neal remained standing.

"You chose him, didn't you?" Neal asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Neal-"

"I should have known that you would have picked him. Sure, Killian may be handsome and charming but Emma, you need a man. Not some silly little boy like him. You need someone who is going to treat you right. Remember what happened with Tink? He just broke up with her after two months. Do you honestly think that they didn't sleep together? All he wanted was to get into her pants and after he got that, he kicked her to the curb. I'm in this for the long haul. He isn't."

"Neal, do you really think that if he was just going to sleep with me he wouldn't be around now?" She put her hand over his and looked into his chocolate brown eyes. "You guys wanted me to choose, and I did. I choose Killian."

Neal scoffed, "fine. But when he breaks your heart, don't expect me to still be waiting for you."

"I don't like you, Neal! Not like that! I have to follow my heart and it is going in the direction of Killian. I hope we can still be friends."

"Friends my ass. Do you know what is going to happen now? He will never let you see me because he knows that I am in love with you. That I have loved you since I first laid eyes on you. That no matter what I do, I can't get you out of my fucking head."

"Stop," she demanded. "Neal, you have to be more mature about this. Killian is who I pick. You have to accept that."

"Yeah. Fine." Neal let his arms drop to his sides. He grabbed his jacket from the coat rack near the door. "I'll be back later," he said with hardly any emotion in his voice as he left the house.