08

Warnings: kidnapping, implied rape

We've been in this van for hours at least. I can't see anything. They put bags over our heads. Momma is sitting across from me. She's breathing heavy.

     "It's okay, sweetheart, everything will be okay," she says to me. Then I hear a thud and she cries out.

     "I said shut up!" One of the bad men says.

     The bottom of my bag is wet from my tears. I'm so scared. I don't understand what's happening. I don't understand why the bad men want to take me and Momma. We didn't have anything expensive in our shopping bag. It was just a new coat for Daddy. His birthday is coming up, and he's always saying how he wants a new coat. We got him a black leather one just like he wanted. Why do the bad men want that? Why can't they buy one themselves?

     After a while, the van stops and the engine is turned off. I hear Momma cry some more. It almost sounded like she said no. I try to tell myself that maybe them stopping means that it will all be over soon, but deep down I know that's not true.

     They lead us out of the van and then walk us somewhere. We aren't walking for very long before I hear a squeaky door open. The bad men lead us inside the building. I can't tell what kind of place it is. I don't know if it's a house or a factory.

     Momma won't stop crying. That makes me cry. They keep hitting her for it. "Shut up that crying," they'll shout.

     I feel the one that's guiding me lean closer to me as we walk. "Don't be like your mommy, girl," he says. "Be smarter than her."

     Not long after that, the man sits me down in a cold chair. He unties my hands from behind me and moves them to tie them to the arms of the chair. Then they take the bag off my head. There's a little bit of light showing through the curtains. They're thin enough that the light shows through them, but not enough that I can see outside.

     Momma is tied to a chair right in front of me. She doesn't take her eyes off me. "It'll be okay, baby, just look at me." Tears roll down my cheeks, and I nod. Then she looks up at one of the men walking toward her. "What do you want from us?" She cries. "We don't have any money!"

     The man laughs and rubs his finger across her cheek. She tries to jerk away, but he grabs her face and forces her to look at him. "It was never about money," he says.

     "Then what?" Momma asks.

     He looks up at the other three men standing off in the corner. They all smile at him. Then he turns to look at me and smiles. His teeth are ugly. They're all yellow with brown in between them. He looks back at Momma. He turns her face toward me and leans down to her ear.

     "You and your girl are the prettiest things I ever saw," he says. The men laugh, and he lets go of Momma's face. Him and another man start walking towards me.

     "No," she starts. "No, NO!"

     The man with the ugly teeth pets my hair. I whine and try to pull away.

     Momma's screaming now. "NO! Don't touch her! Don't touch my baby!"

     "Momma!" I cry. The second man runs his hand up and down my leg. Then the man with ugly teeth moves his hands to unbutton my pants. I scream. The men just laugh.

     "STOP IT!" She screams. "Take me! Take me!" They stop and look at her. Her face it wet from crying. "Do whatever you want to me, but please don't touch her. Please, I beg you. She's only eight."

     From then on, they don't touch me. Only Momma. They hit her face and cut her arms and legs. I beg them to stop.

     "Mommy!" I shout as I cry. "Stop it!"

     They hurt her for a long time. All four of them at once. After a while, they finally stop. I hardly recognize her anymore. Her face is swollen and bloody. They start untying her from the chair. Her head hangs low as they pick her up. She doesn't fight.

     The bad men carry her over to a dirty mattress in the corner. When they lay her down is when she starts fighting again. She kicks and screams, and it takes three men to hold her down. The other one, the teeth man, starts pulling her clothes off.

     I scream at the sight. The fat man of the group breaks away from Momma and comes towards me. I struggle against the rope on my wrists even though I know it's pointless. The man gets to me and puts his dirty hand on my mouth from behind. I try to shake him off, but he uses his other hand to hold my head still.

     He makes me watch what the other men do to her. They all climb on top of her, one at a time. I don't know what they're doing, but she tries to fight against it, whatever it is. I scream against the big man's hand. He laughs.

     When they're all done, Momma just lays there on the mattress. She stares at me. Tears fall from her eyes. The man takes his hands off my face and has to wipe them on his pants because they're wet from me crying.

     "Momma," I say quietly. I don't look away from her. She doesn't look away from me.

     "What should we do with her," another man says, petting my hair.

     "Leave her," the teeth man says.

     "And the big one?" The fat man says. "Should we tie her back up?"

     The teeth man shakes his head, zipping his pants up. "Nah." Then he smiles. "She's not going anywhere."

{[A/N: So yeah, about the narration. I know it's like broken af and has horrible vocabulary and stuff, but I did that on purpose. She's eight ok. This was actually super hard to do, I had to basically like dumb it down and it was hard lol. So yeah keep that in mind and don't hate please. Carry on.]}