12

Warnings: implied rape, references to rape

Five days have passed. I'm still tied to this chair. They only ever untie me when they want to do bad things to me. I understand what they were doing to Momma now. They take turns with me. Everything hurts when they do it. Everything.

Today, it's the blonde man's turn. He clicks the door shut behind him. I don't cry. I don't have any tears left. I just sit there, staring straight ahead.

"Don't worry, sweetheart," he says. "We've got errands to run, so I'll be quick."

I don't fight him when he does it. I've given up on trying to fight them. They're all stronger than me. But I also figured out that they stop faster if I don't fight. So I don't.

When he's finished, he carries me back to my chair. As usual, it hurts to sit down. He finishes tying my left arm, and someone calls for him.

"I'm comin' I'm comin'!" He shouts. He starts wrapping the rope around my right wrist.

"NOW!" The other man yells.

"OKAY!" He yells back. He stands up and grumbles something as he closes the door.

I look at my right arm and see that he didn't finish tying the rope. He only wrapped it around. I smile and start to wiggle my hand out of the rope. I finally get it free and start working on the rope on my left hand. It takes me a long time. The rope is thick, and the knot is confusing.

When I finally get it untied and get my arm free, I hear the front door of the house open. I quickly get up from the chair and run to Momma. The knife is still in her belly.

"I'm sorry, Momma," I whisper. I grab the knife and slowly pull it out of her belly. Then I run to the door. I stand beside it so that when someone opens it, they won't see me.

The door opens. "Ah shit," a man says. I recognize the blonde man's voice.

He walks into the room, and I run towards him. I stab the back of his leg, and he cries out. He falls to the ground. When he does, I stab him in the side a few times, making him go still.

Right after that, I hear a loud bang come from somewhere in the house. Then a man I've never heard before yells, "Police! Down on the ground!"

I leave the knife stuck in the blonde man and crawl over to the wall in front of the door. I put my back against the wall and hug my knees while I stare at the door.

A man with bulky black clothes on and a gun comes into the room. He puts his gun down and looks at me. "They're in here," he says on his radio. He looks down at Momma and sighs. "Don't let him in." Then he looks down at the man on the ground.

"I had to," I say.

Before the man can answer, someone starts shouting. "Where are they?!" A man says. "Where are my girls?!"

"Daddy?" I say.

The policeman in the doorway turns toward the sound. Then he quickly closes the door slightly, and I can't see him anymore. "Sir, you don't want to go in there," I hear him say.

"Is my family in there?" Daddy asks.

The policeman doesn't answer him. "Sir, please, just go back outside, we will be out there shortly-"

"Daddy!" I call, standing up.

"Eli?" He calls back.

The policeman interrupts. "Sir-"