Chapter 2; Dreamscapes

«»Vivian Grace«»

I open my eyes and look around. It's not anywhere I recognize; not my cell, not the testing room, not solitary confinement, not... anywhere. I don't feel any thing either. Physically nor emotionally. I see the grass blowing as if there's wind, but I don't feel it. I know I should be confused, even worried, but the ability to do so has left me. I focus on what I can hear. Then I realize: it's almost nothing. It's so unnaturally quiet with only the wind blowing, that I would have guessed every single living thing on Earth had died.

"Hello? Is there anyone else?" I know there's not anyone out there, but I talk to hear my own voice- to kill the silence.

I stand there for what feels like forever, just watching the scenery. Suddenly I feel that there are eyes on me. My emotions and senses come rushing back in a terrifying wave and I tense up, getting ready to run as I look around. I don't see anything near or on the ground, so I look up. What I see makes my breath catch in my throat. Where the sun or moon should be, you can see every single planet. All the ones past Venus. Even all the way to the hunk of rock called Pluto. They all seem to glow with an eire light. 

"Woah..." My voice is barely above a whisper- so quiet that it gets lost in the wind.

What I fail to notice in my daze is a large creature prowling towards me. I hear its footsteps before its growl, and when I do, I whirl around so fast I almost fall over.

"What in the hell-?" I'm cut off mid sentence by it letting out what I can only assume is a war cry. I scream, turn and run. Sharp rocks push into my feet, letting blood flow freely before I realize I don't have shoes, and the ground hurts. Why don't in have any God damn shoes on?!

While I'm running, I notice little, tiny aspects of dust flying around me. They glow bright, almost like... stars. It's Stardust! I only know what it is because every time I come back from a dreamscape, the doctor always asks if I have found stardust. The answer has always been "no". Until now.

I take a deep breath in and I'm given new found energy. I begin to run faster, ignoring the sharp pains in my feet. The earth begins to narrow out into a cliff, leaving me to drop off the side if I don't stop. Unfortunately, I can't. My moment carries me over the edge and I start to fall.

I hit a canopy of trees and crash through the branches and leaves. With the little common sense I can grasp, I bring my hands up behind my neck to try and protect it.

The wind gets knocked out of me as I land flat on my back. Looking up, I stare at the sky as I gasp for air. Shifting my gaze, I see the beast staring down at me, before it walks away. It's beautiful in its own terrifying way.

I start to stand and lean against a tree for support before brushing some Stardust off of me. I look around and take in the surroundings. Down here the scenery isn't beautiful anymore; it's scary. I take a step forward and something drops from my pocket. It's a small vial. Bending over to pick it up, I hear something off to my left. What is it with things and hiding off in the shadows?! I'm slightly annoyed now. Everything been watching me, just out of sight, but so close you could feel it's breath.

As I look around I feel a hot, moist breath on my shoulder. I spin around and bring my right fist up on instinct. It connects with something and I hear a crack from my hand as it erupts in pain and blood starts to seep out of my cut up knuckles.

"OW! WHAT THE FUCK?!" I scream as I clutch my hand to my chest, getting blood on my clothing and tears prick the corners of my eyes. I look up through the tears and glance around to see what I hit.

It's a tree. With steam coming out of it. What.... The actual hell....? I walk closer and put my palm of my  hand on the trunk. It's warm. But warm turns to searing hot, and I rip my hand away and looks at it. It's bright pink and blistering.

"Dammit......," I mutter to myself, seeing that both my hand are now practically useless. Glancing up, I look to see if any thing can help. My eyes land on a clearing that cover in Stardust. And idea comes to me. Use it to heal your hand dummy! It worked with giving me energy, so why not try healing?

Taking a quick glance around I start to jog over to the clearing. Once I get there I drop down onto my knees and gather some in my left hand. It's stings at first, but soon relief comes and my hand doesn't feel like it's on fire anymore. I switch to my right hand. I'm not sure how I'm going to do this, since the bones were what the problem was, not the skin.

"Ummmmm....... make it mush...?" Great, I've resorted to talking to myself. But, following my thoughts I make a pile of the fine dust and spit in it, then mix it with my finger. After I think it's "mushy" enough, I spread it on my hand, hoping it will absorb some of the healing properties. I then stand up and walk over to a clump of long grass and yank up. Then I find a stick. I haft to set my wrist so it fm doesn't heal at a weird angle. Not much I can to for my hand, though.

Taking a deep breath, I brace myself. I yank my wrist nine into place and push down with the stick. Taking some of the grass, I use my thee the and free hand to wrap it tightly around my wrist and stick to keep it in place.

By now my breathing is ragged and I have bitten down  so hard in my lip that it's started to bleed. The pain in my wrist is immense and I feel dizzy. After taking a moment to breathe I start to wrap more grass around my write, creating an almost cast like shield around my wrist and hand. I sigh. It's over. I'm done.

I close my eyes, being exhausted after what just happened, and being to drift into a dreamless sleep.

[~][~][~][~]

When I wake up I realize the pain in my hand is gone and I can move my fingers a little. They're kind of stiff. I start to grin and look back up at the sky and it just as beautiful as it was earlier.

I pick at the dried blood on my lip as I sit on the ground. Nothing was happening and I was bored. So bored thinking about my boredom that I didn't notice the slight shaking of the ground. I only realized it once I began to feel as if a giant make was shaking me. I watch as tree start crashing down, along with many rocks. Hills begin to crumble as I watch this world tear itself apart.

A loud creaking draws my attention and I turn around to see a large tree falling towards me. I scream and try to run, but it's too late: the tree is too close. It crashes down upon me and I crumple under its weight.

[~][~][~][~]

When I wake up I'm sore, but not dead. I don't open my eyes. I just listen to the area around me, expecting to hear the wind, but I don't. I hear the sounds of metal trays being put down and tools being moved. My eyes fly open and I am greeted once again by my own personal sun.

<<<<<<<•>>>>>>>

Hey! Second chapter is up and I haven't broke the schedule yet.

Let me know if I need to change anything it send in any requests that's you would like.

-Lula

Word count: 1389