Chapter 3: Cress

I took that picture and Idk what it is but I guess it could be Vivian Grace opening her eyes?? Idk. Enjoy!

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

My eyes widen as I realize where I am again. No, no, no, no, no! I can't be back! I started struggling against the bonds on the table, causing the doctor  to realize I was awake.

"Well, well , well, sleeping beauty is finally awake!" He sneered with a cold grin on his face.

"What do you mean by 'sleeping beauty'?" I question
him, snark evident in my voice.

"I just mean that you've been 'asleep' for about two weeks. You're the one who's been asleep the longest. I'm impressed Vivian: You've han-," I cut him of once again.

"ITS VIVIAN GRACE! HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT. MY NAMES NOT JUST VIVIAN! JESUS!" I scream at him in annoyance. He stares at me with a blank expression before turning and walking out the door, leaving me strapped the table. "WHAT THE HELL, MAN! I'M STILL IN HERE YA' KNOW!" I get no answer in reply. "God dammit," I say as I let my head drop back on to the tables do I close my eyes. "Why can't one thing just go my way for once. Just once."

I hear a yell from outside the door, followed by a thud and the sound of a lock clicking. A girl with bleach blond hair walks in. She just stares at me with purple eyes that seem to stare into my soul. I cough.

"Um. Who are you, exactly? Not to be rude or anything but, I'm kinda strapped to a table and it's not exactly the most comfortable thing...... and.." I stop when I realize I'm rambling. She's still staring back at me and I'm now staring back at her. She chuckles a little before coming over and undoing my bonds.

"What did you do out there exactly?"

"I beat up some guys an picked a lock." She starts as if it's the most simple thug in the world.

I sit up and look into her eyes. " I like your eyes." I state randomly. "And your wings. " I comment, looking behind her, getting a glimpse of the large, beautiful wings. The words come out of my mouth before I can think. Her face turns a bright red and I can see a look of surprise come to her face.

"Wait!... My wings are visible?!? She asks, startled.

"Yeah, they are. And they're really nice. Do I have wings?" It takes her a moment to respond.

"Um. What? Yeah, maybe. Did they inject something into your neck and then you woke up in another world?" She asks, still staring at me.

"Yeah..?"

"Then you probably do." She says as if it's the most common thing in the world. I, on the other hand, am having trouble even forming words.

"I...... wings...... me.... mine?....." I stutter out like a baby leaning to talk. She laughs. Like, a real laugh. I can't help but smile. She has a nice laugh.

I decide it's time to get up and I swing my feet off the table. Sliding down a little, I let my toes touch the floor before curling them away. Its cold. After a second I put my feet all the way down and shiver as my warm feet hit the cool tiles. Using the table as support, I start to put weight on my feet. It's uncomfortable after laying down for so long. My legs wobble a little, but not too much that I'm worried. I just stand there for a second, getting used to my legs again before I push off the table....... and slam straight into the ground. I land awkwardly on my wrist and hear a crack: it hadn't fully healed. Pain flares up my arm and I curl in around my hand. The strange girl stares wide eyed at me for a second before she rushes over to help.

"Oh my Stars, are you ok?!" She asks, honestly concerned for my wellbeing. She tries to get me to uncurl my body, but I just swat at her with my uninjured arm, trying to get her to move away. It's doesn't work.

"Oh, come on! Let me help you!" She shouts at me, agitation showing in her eyes. I ignore her and watch as she gets up and walks behind me. I'm about to ask what she's doing when I feel my self being lifted off the ground with surprising ease.

"Woah, what the hell?!?" I shout as she starts walking towards the door. She stares down at me as she keeps walking.

"You wouldn't let me help so I'm brining you somewhere where you would have had to go anyways." I must have looks confused, because she sighed and continued. "I'm taking you to the clinic. In secret, of course. Kinda. The big, bad main doctor doesn't know I'm doing this.... And I paid of the doctor in the clinic soooooo..." She looks down again, "You understand right?" I nod and look away.

When we walk out the door, I see a body lying unconscious on the ground. "Woah.." I mutter under my breath.

[~][~][~][~]

After we had walked down this long-ass hallway for about 5 minutes, we finally turn a corner. Tilting my head to the side I see a door. The word 'Clinic' is hung above it on a sign. I sigh as we walk through the door and another bright light hits. Squinting and turning away from the light I accidentally hit my wrist and I writher in pain, gasping.

The person I assume is the doctor or nurse looks up and swiftly walks over to me. I see they doesn't have wings, but they might be hiding them, assuming they can. From the way the strange girl acted when I told her I liked her wings she must have thought I couldn't see them.

*Sigh*

Why am I not getting any straight answers? I have been thrown into a dream world, thrown out of it, then find out people have wings, then breAK MY FUCKING WRIST AND NOW MY LIFE IS FLIPPED TURNED UPSIDE DOWN! (srrynotsrry) I gasp again when the doctor lifts me from the strange girls arms and pressure is added to my wrist. I can see the doctors face now. I can see that they are a he. My breath comes out fast and short. I start struggling. I know it's not fair to the doctor; he hasn't done anything, but I really don't like male doctors right now.

"I-I-I can't nononono," a look of surprises comes across his face and tightens his grip on me as I try to struggle out of his arms. "I- I don't wanna. Don't make go with him. Don't let him hurt me! Please!" I give a pleading looks at the unnamed girl, but she just guilty looks away. So, with practically no other option, I start screaming. At the top of my lungs, with all I've got. The doctor looks at the strange girl urgently.

"Cress! Can you grab the gas?!" So, her names Cress...? She jumps at the sound of her own name, but rushes to get this 'gas'. Before I know it there's a clear mask over my mouth and nose and a sickly sweet smell fills it. I try to take it off, but my mind is becoming fuzzy. My arms drop limp to my side and I begin to fall into a deep sleep.

<<<<<<>>>>>>
That was kind of a quick ending, but it needed to go somewhere. Vivian Grace seems to have a hard time with staying awake. *sigh*. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this semi-trashy chapter.

~Lula

Word count: 1298