Faces w/ Hair

(The pictures used here will be examples, not step by step)

I've had a request for drawing faces with hair so I'll start with the basics.

For me, I draw the face first, then the face and finally the hair.

I don't know what you guys draw first but I'll explain it in a simple format ^^

So, first off you'd want to draw the head and then the face as well as the ears, that way you have an idea of how the hair should flow.

Once you have that done, start with the bangs. Do not erase the head so you know where the hair line should be and from that you can draw the rest of the hair.

^ If you want to add ears to your character, here's an example of how I did it. Cat or any other animal ears are a little harder. You should hide a bit of where it starts from the head with bangs and the inside of the ears (the lighter part of the bunny ears in the pic) should be apart of the bangs, if that makes sense.

Overall it all sort of depends on your drawing style. Some people don't add strands and just colour it, other do a massive amount of detail with hair and add tons of strands. And others just do a few strands here and there.

But, this is just a general idea. I hope this helped to whoever requested this and to those who also need this tutorial. I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense... I'm really bad at teaching and with my choice of words.