Chapter 10

Zoey's Pov:

"Before we go in, I would like to apologize for my family, because they will, no doubt, make you feel uncomfortable" I tell Demi before I open the front door, she looks a bit nervous but she's still smiling so I guess she's fine. I open the door for her and walk in behind her. I take her coat and scarf and hang them up. I kiss her cheek and smile at her before I walk up a couple steps of the stairs and yell "AUSTIN WE'VE GOT A GUEST!!! GET YOUR PRETTY LITTLE ASS DOWN HERE!!!!"

"Charming" Demi says sarcastically, I smile at her, "You know it" I take her hand and lead her into the living room where my parents are watching TV.

"Mom, dad I would like you to meet someone. This is Demi, she's my girlfriend" I tell them as Demi squeezes my hand, she's nervous and I think it's adorable.

"Girlfriend?... You're gay?" My dad asks me. I never actually came out to my parents because I never thought it mattered until now.

"Yep... I like cats, not roosters" I say, Demi confused and I just laugh at her. My mom turns to my dad.

"I told you so, you owe me a backmassage" She says as my dad groans.

"Uhhh... What?" I ask her. She smiles at me.

"Your father and I had a bet going, I just won" She tells me excitedly.

"That's... I honestly have no idea what to say to that" I haven't even finished my sentence yet and Austin comes running down the stairs in a fucking tuxedo with his hair combed. He comes to a halt when he sees Demi and just stares at her, frozen.

"What the fuck are you wearing?!" I ask him in between laughs. He blushes.

"Language!" My mom tells me. I just roll my eyes at her.

"Uhmm... I just.. threw this on" Austin says, while my dad and I laugh at him.

"Zoey, stop laughing at him" My mom tells me as she slaps my dad's arm and tells him the same.

"Have you seen him, how can I not, he looks ridiculous" I tell her.

"Don't listen to her, I think you look very handsome" Demi tells him.

"T-thanks" He's blushing so much he looks like a tomato right now.

"So monkeybutt, are you gonna introduce yourself or do I have to do it for you?" I ask him, he quickly walks forward and reaches out his hand for Demi to shake.

"H-hi I'm... hi" He stutters.

"Well hello hi, it's nice to meet you" Demi says as she shakes his hand.

"AUSTIN!!! I meant my name's Austin... not hi" He looks so embarrassed... this is great.

"I know, I was just messing with you. Nice to meet you Austin, I'm Demi"

"I- I know" What's with the stuttering? Austin never stutters.

"Demi, do you want anything to drink?" I ask her after a moment of silence.

"No thanks" We just stand in an awkward silence while Austin stares at Demi.

"So Demi, how old are you? Do you two go to the same school or something?" My dad awkwardly attempts to break the silence.

"No sir, I don't go to school... I'm 21" She tells him cautiously. My mom looks surprised and my dad just has a proud smile on his face.

"Older woman huh? That's my girl, just like her old man" He says as he high fives me. My mom is 2 months older than my dad and he's very proud of that for some reason... He can be a bit strange sometimes.