2 Pearls, 1 Planet

Blue Pearl and Yellow Pearl had their pod crash onto an abandoned Homeworld colony..

Yellow Pearl : Blue? Blue! BLUE!!

Yellow Pearl cried out her name as she lied on the ground seemingly lifeless. The look on Yellow's face showed extreme concern and desperation for her friend to wake up. 

Then, she heard a small moan.

Blue Pearl : Ugh...Mhm....Yellow?

She said quietly.

Yellow Pearl's face brightened.

Yellow Pearl : Thank the diamonds! Don't you DARE scare me like that ever again!

Blue Pearl smiled mischievously. She sat up and looked out the window..which wasn't really much of a window due to the crash.

Blue Pearl : Where..are we?

Yellow Pearl popped her head out the window and looked at her surroundings.

Yellow Pearl : Hmm...looks like an abandoned colony.

The colony was anything but. Cracked pillars were scattered around, with broken floors and corridors leading nowhere. Grass and vines took over whatever was left of the place. There was no sign of active gem activity. From the looks of it, it seemed as if nobody came here in a very long time...

Blue Pearl : Could it be Earth?

Yellow Pearl : No..Earth would probably be different. This place is just...dead.

The two climbed out the pod.

Yellow Pearl examined the pod from the outside. It seemed almost impossible for it to fly in it's condition. Yellow Pearl scoffed disappointingly at the ship, kicked dust into it and walked away.

Blue Pearl walked over to a pillar and gingerly leaned on it, waiting for Yellow to approach her.

Yellow Pearl sighed as she stood beside her and looked up at the sky. It was devoid of any sunshine, but the atmosphere somehow felt...warm and welcoming.

Yellow Pearl : Do, you really think this planet is Earth?

Blue Pearl : ....No.

Yellow Pearl : *sigh*Do you ever want to get off this planet?

Blue Pearl didn't respond.

Yellow Pearl : Blue?

Blue Pearl stared mindlessly into the sky.

Yellow Pearl brushed her bangs to the side, and it revealed she was crying.

Yellow Pearl : Blue! What's wrong?!

Blue Pearl slid onto the gravelly floor, and she curled up into a ball and sobbed.

Blue Pearl : I- I want to go ho-home... But I can't, because i'll die..

Yellow Pearl : It's okay.. Homeworld was never nice in the first place... All we did was stand there like little figurines.. It was the wo-

Blue Pearl : It's NOT okay!

She lashed.

Blue Pearl : I liked serving for my diamond! Things were simple back then! I don't want to be like those huge quartz soldiers, who end up going to war and NEVER come back! I knew my diamond didn't care about me, I don't care if I was forgotten! It's not like i'm important or anything..

Yellow Pearl stood up and gave Blue space to calm down. She frowned at her.

Blue Pearl took some time to calm down, and she hugged Yellow. Yellow Pearl hugged back, and they were in each other's embrace for a while..

Blue Pearl : *sniffle* Why did the rebels want to leave Homeworld?

Yellow Pearl was confused by the sudden question, and she tried to come up with an answer.

Yellow Pearl : I don't know, maybe they wanted to be in a place where they wouldn't feel unimportant. I believe Rose Quartz, they're leader, valued them very much. And that's why they followed her.

Blue Pearl : You really think so?

Yellow Pearl smiled and shrugged.

TBC