Chapter 1

Chapter 1
The Beauty of Karma
Viktor's Pov●

"What?" The answer came from me louder than expected.

I turned to look at him wondering if I heard him wrong.

He wasn't looking at me though, his dark eyes were trained on the TV on the wall watching Chris's performance.

I don't know why but I suddenly became anxious.

I knew I heard him wrong.

"Wait Viktor, dont!" Her small hands gripped mine "don't leave me"

It makes me feel horrible at how she trembles at my response.

"Thanks" my smile was fake "it was fun"

I turn to leave but her arms wrap around my torso her own body shaking with her quiet sobs.

"Viktor.. you.. you" she cries not able to muster a coherent sentence.

I didn't feel anything for her anymore so I let her know it.

I gently pull her arms off of me trying to step back.

"Why would you do this..?" Her voice was broken "you said you'd love me forever"

I shrug wanting to break this off as quickly as I can and head back to Russia.

"I'm sorry, but I feel nothing"

I knew I broke her heart, and I felt bad, but I didn't want to be here anymore.

I turn and walk away.

"See you around"

"What?" I repeat unsure if he said anything at all.

His eyes then find mine, they seemed almost empty as he gazed at me.

His fingers play with the zipper of his jacket and he says monotonously;

"Let's end this"

I almost laugh at the bluntness, but he seemed off today.

"Let's end our student-Coach relationship" his eyes trail back to the TV as if uninterested in me.

At first I thought he meant it so we could be together, but he was carefully out of my reach when I raised a hand.

"I don't understand" I say with furrowed eyebrows, my anxiety rising.

His eyes dart to the end of the hall for a moment before to me and to the Tv.

"I already have your Coaching fee, it'll be transferred to you tonight" he says almost as if he's a robot, But the tension in his body language was obvious.

It seemed as if I was dreaming, I knew he wouldn't leave me just like that.

We were fine just yesterday.