Love Chapter 5

My mom returns to her seat beside me.
"Are you okay?" She asks me.
"I'm alright." I sigh.

The wedding reception ceremony is almost over when she asks me without any eye contact "So. I saw you out there. Any good news?"
I looked at my mother in disbelief . "He's married." I say.

Mom turns to look at me in shock. "To what?"
"To who,mom. It's not like it matters anyway. I won't get him." I stand up and walk to the house straight into the kitchen where the other aunties are preparing delicious food just in case the catering company didn't make enough. I took my heels off and sat on the table.

"Not enjoying the wedding?" Aunt Puleng asks.
"I am. Just all this pressure mom puts on me into finding a guy. That's too much." I can tell Puleng wants to respond but she is so busy mixing up the tripe, she barely utters a word out.
"Asante, we are running short of marinade, could you drive down to the supermarket for us?" my other aunt Lillian interrupts my thoughts.

Before I can even say anything,she hands me the money. I put my heels back on , grab my keys from the key holder and head to my car which I haven't driven today.

I see everybody celebrating in the tent and singing traditional praise poems and songs. I switch my aircon on, play some RnB and drive out to the supermarket. It's not far from home so I get there within 3 minutes.

I walked into the supermarket, hopelessly scanning for marinade. Slowly walking sideways, focused on the shelf, I bump into some European guy.
"Excuse me." I say without really paying mind to him. I get a strange feeling that he is staring at me so I look up for confirmation. Yup,he's definitely staring.
"Can I...perhaps help you with something?" I ask squinting my eyes.
He smiles at me "no,nothing. I just thought I could help you find what you are looking for."
Lies.
"Well, if you know something about the kitchen then perhaps yes." I say. 
Before I could get into it any further I found the marinade. "Ah got it. Thanks for offering to help me." I leave him hanging in the aisle to go and pay.

On my way to the car, a voice calls out "Sorry. Excuse me ,Miss." I turn and look to see if it was for me. It was him,the guy from the aisle. 
"You dropped your money at the paying point." He said ,trying to catch his breath.
Amazed at how I could drop so much money, I thank him as he gives it to me. 
I couldn't help at being curious. "I didn't get your name?."  "Francois. Francois Greyling, and yours Miss?"
"I'm Asante.  Asante Moepeng Mokoena." I could tell he was a bit shocked at my names. I mean after all we are quite different. 

"You're looking really nice, what's the occasion? He asks. "A cousin's wedding. I should actually be a proper traditional attire but I just didn't feel like it..."
"Well, I'm sure you would have looked just as stunning in your proper additional attire. "
"Hey,do you want to come and catch a glimpse of what it looks like?" I mean it is safe to invite strangers ,considering the number of people who gate crashed. 
"Sure, why not? " his face lights up.