Love Chapter 17

It was Wednesday. My heart was beating fast but there was nothing left to do anymore. Francois and I watched from outside the hotel backyard as one by one his family members arrived and were sent to their table. They seemed really happy. Their faces changed when everyone was seated and my mother arrived.

"Sorry, sirI think you have sent me to the wrong table." She said to the usher.
"Your booking is set to be under the Wednesday lunch buffet table 82, correct?"
"That's correct, I think there might have been a mix up somewhere."
"No ma'am not at all."

The rest of my family arrived in the middle of my mom's argument and that is when Francois and I decided to show up and intervene. Everyone was bickering, it was crazy.

When Francois and I got to the table there was silence.
Francois's mom, Anette couldn't believe her eyes. My mom's jaw dropped. Pule was already getting furious. With a push and a shove everyone was seated.

"Before everyone says anything, thank you guys for coming here. It was Francois and I's idea to bring you out here. There is kind of a special announcement to make." I said.

Francois continued "Well, Asante and I didn't know how to break the news but we are an item."

Anette interrupted "What item? What do you mean?"
He replied "Mom, she's my girlfriend."
She gasped "Francois you don't have to do this. Love takes time."
My mom interrupted "Indeed Asante. You are young. You have yet to meet the love of your life."
I couldn't believe my mom.
"Mom, the clock is ticking." I emphasized.

There was mumbling around the table. We begged our families to just try enjoy the lunch together and perhaps they will see how wonderful everyone is.