x2

I paddled to the reef, ducking under the ocean waves that rolled above me. "You look amazing in that suit, but im gonna have to leave you behind if you continue to go this slow," Hayes mocks me yet again.

I find amusement in being around him, no matter how many times he mocks me, its cute.

He's cute.

I brushed him off and ducked under another wave. I sat up on my board, waiting for another wave.

I saw a beaut coming, gonna be the best wave of the day. I turned around and paddled as the wave lifted me up, and i stood on my board, taking in the oceans wind.

"Whoooo!" "Yes Lana!" Madison cheered for me. I ducked under the waves curl and rode it out , and fell back into the water.

I paddled to shore, where my friends were waiting. "Awesome wave Lana, you really getting better," a voice beams, Ki.

"Ki! Hey what are you doing here?" I give him a hug.

"Me and my sister came to ride some waves," I look over and see Taylor. She waves, and jogs over to us, joined by madison.

" You were really shredding those waves Lana," Taylor compliments.

I smile and thank her. Madison and Taylor head to the water as i walk the shore with Ki.

I've known Ki for a while now. He's from Arizona, weird I know, but he can really rip the waves.

We have some classes together. And i have to say he's got a godly body, but just friends, as it is.

"So, tomorrow night, theres this surf party, you should come. Its gonna be tons of fun. Bring a board and some friends, theres gonna be food, music, and tons of lights." He smiles.

"Oh no way, my mom would kill me, i wont even bother asking." I laugh.

He looks at me smiling, "Im serious Ki," i say shoving him.

"Alright alright. So no fun tomorrow night then?" He looks down.
He really knows how to make a girl give in.

"Fine fine, only because you were the one who asked me and not someone else."

He chuckles, "tomorrow night Lana! Ill pick you up around 9, dont flake on me!" He says running off.

I giggle and walk back to our tent. "You guys want to get something to eat?" Jack asks. I nod along with Madison, and we look at Hayes waiting for his response. When he says nothing, we just keep talking.

Me and Mads walk to the other side of the tent to get our boards. "Who pissed in his cereal.." Madison jokes. We laugh and grab our stuff heading to the truck.

Hayes doesnt say a word the entire ride. We pull into Hula Shakes, a burger and shake bar.

I sit next to Hayes across from madison after everyone orders. Hayes looks down at his phone, "im gonna go to the bathroom," i say and excuse myself.

"I'll come," Madison says, noticing the tension.

"Whats up with Hayes?" I walk into the stall and unzip.

"I have no idea, want me to ask him?" Madison replies. If i could see her right now she would be shrugging with that same mopy lip she always has when shes confused.

"No ill do it." We flush and go wash our hands. As we exit Hayes is walking towards us, madison keeps walking but i stop.

Hayes walks right past me.
"Hayes," i call. "What."  "Are you okay?" He turns around, "mhm."

I sigh and return to my seat to eat my fries. We all make small talk until Hayes comes back. We stare, then start talking again.

Hayes goes outside and i excuse myself to go follow him. "Hayes," i call again.

I see him sitting under the tree on a bench and walk up to him, "whats up with you."

"What do you mean," he asks like he doesnt understand.

Hayes is never like this, he's always been the happy go lucky of our group.

"Dont brush me off Hayes, i wanna know." He sighs, "just tell me who that was."

"Who who was?" I ask, slighty chuckling at my double worded who.
"That guy you were talking to," he says looking at me.

I get it now, he is totally jealous of Ki. And in all fairness he has a reason to be. Like a said, Ki is godly.

"That was Ki, Taylors brother. We've been friends for about 4 years now, why?" I ask, i know the answer, but i still want to know.

"Oh," he says kicking the dirt.
"You are totally jealous, its cute," i laugh.  "I am not," he smiles throwing the dirt on me. "Hey!" I whine and stand up.

"Okay maybe a little," he stands up.
I frown, because Hayes is cute, but ive always had my eyes on Ki. I would hate for Hayes to like me, and the feeling wasnt mutual.