Chapter Three

Chapter Three - The New Addition

It was moments later that I felt the case shake as Newt picked it up, racing after the Niffler. I cared for the creature very much, and I didn't want to see it hurt, so I hoped Newt would find him. I could only sit and wait. I could feel Newt spinning in circles, looking for him frantically. He nearly got told off by a bank worker. I was positive it was because of the way he dressed. Always choosing to wear his coat and vest, never tying his bowtie no matter how many times I try to get him to.

"Hi. What brings you here?" It was the same man that had tripped over the case. Newt was trying desperately to find the Niffler, knowing just how upset I'd be if he was lost, with every chance of being used.

"Same as you..." Newt replied, and I shook my head. He's going to give himself away, giving answers like that, what was he thinking?

"You're here to get a loan to open up a bakery?" The man asked Newt.

"Yes." Newt said, preoccupied. I nearly started hitting my head on the wall at his answers.

"What are the odds of that? Well, may the best man win, I guess." I guessed the man put his hand out, but by that time Newt was already on the move.

"Excuse me." Newt mumbled, the case shaking with every step he took. I was always surprised that none of the creatures cared.

"Hey, mister... Hey, mister!" My heart dropped as I remembered: Newt had an Occamy egg in his pocket. Dammit, Newt! You left the egg with the muggle man. "Hey, fella!"

I could barely hear Newt groan quietly, and guessed that Newt had lost sight of the Niffler once more. It was a few moments before even I could hear the coins falling onto the ground, then a dog barking. Damn, the Niffler tried to steal a dog's tag. He is in so much trouble. I thought.

"No, no, no, no." Newt muttered, obviously distressed about something the Niffler was doing. My heart was pounding in my chest, and in moments I could feel every pulse of my heart in every ounce of my body when I heard the words ring out:

"Hey, Mr. English guy! I think your egg is hatching."

I felt a tug in my abdomen, and in a moment I knew Newt had Disapparated. And I knew that he had taken the muggle with him. What a stupid, stupid, man he is. Anyone could have seen!

"... Excuse me..." The muggle said, obviously very confused, as I heard the Occamy egg hatch, the little creature chirping. It hurt that it would probably think of the muggle as its parent, rather than I, but it was something I would allow. Sadly though, the muggle wouldn't be able to take care of it. "I was- over there. I was- over there?"

The lid to the case opened and my heart melted at the sight of the Occamy.

"Oh merlin, Newt! Next time, don't leave the egg on a bench next to a muggle please." I said, holding out my hands to take the Occamy from Newt.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry, alright? In you hop," Newt marveled, placing the baby Occamy into my hands. "I'll let you out soon, I promise."

"You better! And find that Niffler, Newt. I'm worried now." Dougal, as well as some other creatures tried to climb up the ladder.

"No. Everyone settle down- stay." Newt ordered as I tried to get them all off the ladder. "Dougal, don't make me come in there." Pickett poked his head out from Newt's breast pocket and smiled at me, only to receive a smile back. "Don't make me come down there." Newt sternly spoke, looking up.

"Absolutely not!" Newt said, pulling out his wand after closing the case. "Alohomora." The Niffler must have gotten into the vault. Sometimes, I wish he didn't have the ability to squeeze down to the width of a penny.

"Oh, so you're gonna STEAL the money, huh?" I decided to leave them to deal with the problem of the banker, especially when I heard the alarm.

"Oh dear, Newt if I come out of the case and you're in jail..." I muttered, climbing down the ladder and out of the hut. I passed by Frank, the Thunderbird, and all sorts of creatures. All of them different, each of them unique. I reached the Occamy nest and laid the small Occamy down into one of the small divots that Newt and I had made.

"It's alright, mummy's here. You've got a new sister." I beamed, looking at the slight gray color to the new addition of the group. "Take care of her alright? Don't let her get in trouble, now. I won't like that much, and neither will Newt."

I heard Newt faintly as I stood up, "For the last time, you pilfering pest- paws off what doesn't belong to you!" I sighed in relief, knowing the Niffler had been found.

As I was walking back to the hut, the entire case exploded with sound and I fell to the ground. The creatures calling out and screeching told that I wasn't the only one who fell. For a moment I thought it was Frank, but when Frank flew into the air from his perch and it began to rain and thunder, I knew that something was wrong.

"Oh, Newt! What happened now?"