Chapter 32 "Future"

His mum and sister didn’t want to ask me any questions because to be honest I couldn’t stop crying. Harry’s been with me since we arrived at his house, hugging me and trying to calm me down. Tears couldn’t come out from my eyes anymore. I was just crying without them, and it was worst, because somehow, when you cry and tears are coming from your eyes it’s like all you have inside is coming out but now I couldn’t. Everything was inside my body and wasn’t letting me be at least a little bit ok.

“How are you feeling?” Harry asked me kissing my forehead.

“I’m feeling like shit” he had a deep breath and sighed pulling me closer to him.

“Leah, just forget it ok?”

“Wish I could but I just can’t” he squeezed my arm and kissed it.

“Let’s go to sleep, it’s really late, you must be tired” I nodded although I wasn’t. He led me to the bathroom and stayed with me while I was brushing my teeth. Then he guided me through the corridor till the guest room.

“Here, I know how much you love this t-shirt, wear it” he said handing me my favourite t-shirt of him. I smiled slightly and put it on. I then pulled my hair in a ponytail and looked at him.

“Have a really nice night baby, have some rest” he said kissing my forehead. I got inside the bed and he covered me with the sheets.

“Love you ok? Remember that”

“Love you too Harry” he smiled at me and squeezed my hand but when he was going I stopped him.

“Stay” I whispered. He shook his head and looked at me like if he was disappointed.

“You know I can’t… my mum and sis are out there. You know I would if I could. Go to sleep love” I nodded and then made myself comfortable with the pillow. I watched him leaving the room and he closed the door behind him.

Everything was spinning around my head and things were mixing with each other. It was hurting so much and I was willing for it to end but it seemed the more I tried the more it hurt.

My whole body was trembling and sweating. It was very hot in that room, or maybe I was. I decided to open the window to let the wind enter and hit my face.

It was 12, then 1, then 2 am and I still couldn’t sleep.

I couldn’t stop moving from side to side and it was kind of frustrating because I was really tired and somehow I couldn’t sleep.

I took the glass Harry left for me in case I was thirsty and had some sips from it, feeling it refreshing my entire throat till my stomach. It felt really good although it wasn’t enough for me.

I decided to stand up and walked around the room. I was really nervous. I needed something or someone to stop me from moving. I needed something or someone to stop me of thinking about everything. But Harry was probably sleeping like a baby in that moment.

I then decided to sit on the bed and stare at the moon outside. It always helped me when I couldn’t sleep. I loved the shape it had tonight; it was full moon and was forming a perfect circle that illuminated the whole town.

In that moment the door opened slightly and I turned around.

“Harry? What are you doing here?” I whispered to him.

“Sorry, I wanted to check on you, if you were alright or needed something. What are you doing still up?” he whispered back at me.

“I can’t sleep”

“Don’t you like the bed?” he asked me and I giggled a little bit.

“No, it’s not that, it’s really comfortable but it’s me” he sat on bed next to me and I smiled. His presence immediately made me smile. I’ve never been so attached to a boy and although it was very different from me the truth is… we had a lot of things in common. They say opposite poles are the ones who are meant to be together but I’ve never believed that. Maybe you can be attracted to someone who’s very different to you but if you had nothing in common, where’s the relationship going?