Chapter 12

It had been a week since Christmas and the new year passed by unknowingly to the students, some of the children began to return back to school so that they  would be able to continue their education at Hogwarts.

Sherlock hadn't eaten since their meal on Christmas Day, john had tried to persuade him to eat but Sherlock refused and instead just drank tea and coffee every so often to fuel his mind and keep himself awake, he didn't sleep a lot either and instead just stayed in the common room lost in his mind palace.

When he woke one morning he found that he felt weak and tired, he pulled himself out of his chair with great difficulty and carried himself out of the ravenclaw common room where he then planned to go down to the great hall to meet John. He was weak and tired, and as soon as he began to walk down the staircase towards the hall emtrance, he felt his knees begin to shake and then his body began to betray him, his legs gave way and he fell down the last few steps, a huddle on the floor. He didn't bother to try to move, and he felt dizzy from where his head had collided with the ground.

"John--" he whispered as his eyes prickled with tears and his face glowed red and hot.

Slowly he drifted off out of consciousness where he lay on the cold stone ground.

Later that day he woke to find himself in the hospital wing with a bandage around his head, it took a little while for his brain to understand where he was and his head still felt fuzzy.

He went to sit up causing himself more agony and his head felt like a brick, once he had managed to sit upright,  he squinted his eyes and blinked several times to see a boy, huddled up in a chair, fallen asleep, cute boy had sandy blond hair and freckles, Sherlock knew the faces well.

"John?"

The boy stirred and looked up to see Sherlock looking at him.

"Oh merlins beard! Are you okay?" John asked, Sherlock could see the worry in his eyes.

"Yeah, fine, why wouldn't I be?" Sherlock said, his eyes blurry but smiling and his mouth curling at the edges into a grin.

John leapt out of his chair and gave him a hug, Sherlock was shocked by it and couldn't understand why john cared.

"What were you doing, the nurse said you haven't eaten for days, why not Sherlock, you need to eat!" Said john, he sounded exasperated and worried, his eyes were shiny and sad.

"I -- I forgot." He looked at John again, he felt genuinely sorry for his friend and didn't know how to make it better. "S--- sorry j-John."

The nurse then came back carrying a tray of toast, soup and pumpkin juice, in which she insisted he ate if he were to get better, Sherlock groaned at this but when he saw Johns face began spooning the soup into his mouth and nibbling at the toast.

Sherlock was allowed to leave by the afternoon, where John walked with Sherlock, with an arm around him just in case he fell, they headed to the great hall, where john insisted on sitting at the ravenclaw table with Sherlock and making sure he ate and drank.

Sherlock wasn't used to the attention, but he liked it, he hadn't ever really been cared about, even his brother Mycroft wasn't all that bothered by him, Mycroft cared in his brotherly way but he never showed affection towards Sherlock and vice versa.

John then guided Sherlock back up the stairs to ravenclaw common room where he put Sherlock to rest in his bed, and made sure he was warm and definitely sleeping and not faking sleep like his usual self.

John looked back at Sherlock as he was leaving, and smiled, even though Sherlock was a pain and caused stress to those around him, john didn't mind because Sherlock was his friend, and he understood that the reason Sherlock was like this wasn't his own fault.