29

dodie was exhausted.

she had been awake for twenty-eight hours straight; her busy schedule too abounding to even begin to consider sleep.

she knew full well that what she was doing wasn't good for her - but without billy constantly by her side reminding her to eat, reminding her to sleep - she was void of self-care.

there were just more important things to do! she had to run her fathers business, make sure her doggo was happy and full of life at all times - and on top of that, she was now burdened with the knowledge that her mother was selling her childhood home and needed her help cleaning it out.

so yes, she was exhausted.

it wasn't like she could call anybody, not really. she was fine. she was alive. she was somewhat healthy.

but, as she stared at her reflection in her bathroom mirror on a monday evening, eying the mascara tracks that had stained her cheeks and the way her frail hands gripped onto the edge of the sink; she felt her shoulders tense and eyes water.

ill-advised tears fell from her cheeks, and soon the quiet sounds of her neurasthenia echoed throughout the whole house - a non-silent plea for help.

"oh, baby."

having fallen to the floor mere seconds previous, dodie's head shoots up in shock at the unmistakable hum of her best-friends voice. "you're here."

her voice cracked, and the hysterical sobs coated the words, but that didn't matter. nothing matter anymore. she was here.

billy feels her own eyes begin to water, but instead of letting her emotions get in the way, she runs into the bathroom and bundles dodie up into her arms, holding the taller girl to her form tightly. "i'm always here for you. always."

@billydiamandis | to have a bestfriend, is to have the other half of your soul

@billydiamandis | to have a bestfriend, is to have the other half of your soul. she'll be your lover, your mom, and your hand to hold onto when you're scared, or even if you just need someone to reassure you that everything's okay. she'll be there for you during your downfalls, and you'll be there for her during hers. but together you'll pull through - because that's just how bestfriends work. and honestly, i know for a fact that i wouldn't survive without mine.

tagged ; @dodiesgarden

87k likes ; 797 comments

A/N - some pure dodie/billy action right here mhm i know that what you wanted
also i'm not crying you are

I literally am crying tho save me