Chapter Twenty Nine - Two Is Better Than One

Alex’s POV

At a guess, we were probably an hour away from Baltimore. Jack was still fast asleep on my shoulder, slightly snoring. A few strands of hair dangled in front of his face and his nose twitched. He was so adorable. “Tickets please!” The man was coming down the aisle checking everyone’s tickets. I panicked, trying to remember where I’d put the train tickets. I shook Jack and he opened his eyes. “Wha-“

“Jack where’s the tickets?”

“I gave them to you. You’re the only one who knows!” I opened my bag frantically and took everything out in a rush. “Shit Jack I can’t find them!” As I was still frantically trying to find the tickets, the man approached the side of our seats and looked onwards at the worry going on between Jack and me. “Lost your tickets boys?” We both looked up at him and nodded at the same time. “I’ll let it pass but just for today. Never let this happen again okay?” We both nodded at him again as he walked off, huffing and puffing. “Holy shit we nearly got kicked off the fucking train Alex!” I frowned. “I’m sorry Jacky.” He pulled me into his side. “I know, its okay.” I smiled, feeling the warmth from Jack’s body heat me up again. “How long was I asleep for?”

“Around three hours I think.”

“I bet you looked at me for two of the three hours.” I rolled my eyes, smirking. “You’re pretty correct.” He giggled and I leant forward, placing a kiss on the tip of his nose and I rested my forehead against his. “We’ll be back home for Christmas. We made it.”

Jack’s POV

There was about 10 minutes until we would arrive at the station in Baltimore and then it would be a cold walk in the snow for another 20 or so minutes, depending on how slippery the sidewalks were going to be. Alex had fell asleep on my shoulder this time and I didn’t want to wake him, but I had to. We needed to get our stuff ready to get off the train. I kissed his cheek and whispered in his ear. “We’re nearly there Lex. Wake up.” He opened his eyes slowly and looked up at me, instantly grinning. We will be arriving at Baltimore station shortly. Please collect your belongings.

As soon as Alex heard that announcement he was wide awake and making sure he had everything packed back into his bag. “Someone’s a bit excited.”

“I haven’t seen my mum in a while and she’s going to be worried about me.”

“She’s going to be surprised that I’m back so soon too!” He looked over at me. “I’m glad I get to spend Christmas with you babe.” He kissed me on the lips and I pushed back into it. I murmured into his lips. “Me too.” We both stood up and moved towards the door of the train and stood waiting for it to slow down next to the platform. “It’s pretty dark out still. I wonder what time it is.” The door opened and we both walked out onto the platform. “We’re back in Baltimore.” I grabbed Alex’s hand tightly and squeezed it. “We made it Jack.” He pulled me in and kissed me, wrapping both of his arms around my waist. “It’s also Christmas. Look at the clock over there.” I turned around and read the time. It had just gone 1 in the morning. I spun back round and kissed him again. “Enough kissing Jack, we need to get home!”

Alex’s POV

Jack and me walked home, our hands still tightly gripped onto each other’s and we were both shaking from the cold. Jack had almost slipped over several times, as well as me, but we held each other up. Just as we were reaching the road, which my house was on, a cop car was parked against the sidewalk and my mother was outside in her dressing gown, obviously crying her eyes out from the sheer worry of not speaking to me in such a long while. “Alex do we just walk up to your mum or what?” I nodded. “It’s the only thing we can really do.” We both walked up slowly and then she turned to us. Her eyes widened. “MY BABY!” She pulled me in, making me let go of Jack’s hand. “WHY DIDN’T YOU CALL OR TEXT ME?!”