4.0

Pietro woke to an empty bed and the shower running. Cartoons played from the living room.

He sat up, sighing and rubbing his eyes. The black plastic cuffs were cold on his arms as he pulled himself to stand. Pietro grabbed his braces from where he had thrown them last night after he had a bit of a breakdown, trying to toss them at the bed. They fell about a foot away from him.

"Chert voz'mi." Damn it. He picked them up, sitting on the bed to begin the annoying process of applying the aides.

Grabbing one of his thin legs, he pulled up his knee length shorts a bit, pushing the white and light blue knee brace into place and fastening the velcro. He slid the ankle support onto his foot, applying the padding and fastening the straps. He repeated the process on the other leg and stood. Same mundane process of every morning.

He entered the kitchen, sipping coffee and glancing at the Roadrunner and Coyote reruns. The kids didn't seem to be up yet.

Moments of near silence passed and then Pietro felt two strong arms wrap around his waist. He made a soft noise, setting his coffee on the counter.

"'Morning, babe." Clint's breath was hot in his boyfriend's ear.

"Good morning." The russian leaned back into Clint's embrace.

Clint came in front of him, closing any space between them. He kissed Pietro messily, kissing down his neck.

Pietro's pink lips parted for a quiet moan. "Clint...Clint we-we cannot do this..."

Clint backed him against the counter, grinding against him. "Why not?"

"The kids-" He was cut off in a groan when Clint rolled his hips.

"They're asleep." He whispered. "It's just us."

Pietro put his arms around Clint's neck, and was promptly lifted onto the countertop.

•••

Pietro lay naked except for his braces and socks, Clint's bare chest pressed against his back. He turned around, burying his face in the crook of Clint's neck.

He felt Clint stir and pull away.

"Mmm." Pietro reached out to bring him close again. "I am cold."

The blanket was pulled over top of him. The bed shifted as Clint got up.

"Ass." Pietro yawned.

"Yeah, you have a nice one." Clint slapped Pietro's ass playfully when the younger stood.

"Shut up."

"Make me."

"Maybe I will."

After a heated make out session, Pietro stood by the bed again, naked as before.

"Get me clothes, please?" He gave his best puppy dog eyes, leaning onto his crutches instead of the bed.

"Aww, but you look so nice like that." He whined. Pietro glared. "Okay, okay." Clint tossed him a blue long sleeve t-shirt and capri jeans.

They dressed, hearing the kids wake up.

Pietro caught a glimpse of the alarm clock.