6.0

•••Barney Barton :)•••

Clint woke Pietro up at six in the morning.

"Mh?" He rolled over, looking sleepily to Clint.

"We've gotta head to the airport."

It had been a month since they started planning the trip and nothing had really changed.

"It is s-so early."

"Come on, baby."

Pietro sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"Help me up?" He raised his arms up a bit.

Clint held him up. "Where'd we leave your crutches last night?"

"I do not know."

"Such a great help." Clint teased, adjusting the way he was holding onto Pietro.

Pietro sighed. "Fuck..." He tried to shift his weight. "They are in t-the living room."

"Why?" Clint gave him a perplexed look.

"You carried me last night, remember?"

"Oh...shit."

"Okay, do you wanna stay here?" It was way to early for Clint to be awake.

Pietro shook his head. "I need to go and get coffee."

"Alright."

Clint tightened his grip around Pietro's waist, walking slowly and letting Pietro put his weight on him. Pietro's thin legs tried to keep up, uncoordinated movements frustrating him. He let out a noise of frustration.

"What's wrong, honey?" Clint stopped.

"I just-" He sighed. "I wish I am normal. I hate not being able to w-walk right."

"I'm sorry, baby. I'll carry you, if you want."

Pietro shook his head. "Let go for second. I w-want to try something."

Clint complied, ready to catch him if he fell.

Pietro took a shaky step, careening towards the wall. He lent against it, and suddenly, he was his sixteen year old self again, just rescued by Clint.

He could hardly walk in general again, he was scared, alone. He nearly fell over with every step.

Clint's voice brought him out of his trace.

"Let me help you." He pulled Pietro up from his slouched position.

Pietro nodded. "I just wanted to know that I could still walk on my own a bit."

Clint helped him sit in a chair, going to get his crutches from across the room.

"Here," He handed them to his boyfriend. "Go make your coffee, I'm going to go check our luggage and get your braces."

"Okay." Pietro stood, walking into the kitchen.

Clint left, leaving Pietro and his thoughts.

•••

"You hungry?" Clint asked, pulling the suitcase.

"No." Pietro sighed. "I can carry the backpack, Clint."

"No, it's not a problem, I've got it." Clint smiled at him.

They arrived at the security check in, showing their tickets and moving into the bigger line.

"Will my braces set off the m-machine?" He looked down at the capri sweatpants he wore that exposed the plastic and metal.

"I don't know."